CSC out, Vandenbroucke attempts suicide

sad to hear about VDB condition when he was on form in 99/00 he was amazing the way he won LBL was great.
and when i saw beating the best climbers in the Vuelta 2000 and even helping Ullrich when Jan had no team in the mountains i tought that one day VDB could win the Tour but we all now what happened since then.
waste of talent.

Interview with his Italian wife on the gazzetta website. Does not sound like there is much of a future for VDB, unfortunately.

Poor VDB. He's going to have to get a job and live like the rest of us. No wonder he wants to kill himself.

How about when VDB crashed twice at Worlds breaking both wrists. He still managed a top 10. I don't care what drugs he was on. That is incredible.

nonameboy said:
sad to hear about VDB condition when he was on form in 99/00 he was amazing the way he won LBL was great.
and when i saw beating the best climbers in the Vuelta 2000 and even helping Ullrich when Jan had no team in the mountains i tought that one day VDB could win the Tour but we all now what happened since then.
waste of talent.

Frigo's Luggage said:
How about when VDB crashed twice at Worlds breaking both wrists. He still managed a top 10. I don't care what drugs he was on. That is incredible.
Agreed and to be honest all cyclists are nutters.... Ullrich was a nutter, Armstrong is a nutter, Riis was a definite nutter, Pantani was a complete nutter.... if you going shave your legs and spend 6-8 hours per day on your own banging your head into a brick wall whilst climbing up a mountain and injecting gods knows what into your blood stream you have to have some form of mental problems...

whiteboytrash said:
Agreed and to be honest all cyclists are nutters.... Ullrich was a nutter, Armstrong is a nutter, Riis was a definite nutter, Pantani was a complete nutter.... if you going shave your legs and spend 6-8 hours per day on your own banging your head into a brick wall whilst climbing up a mountain and injecting gods knows what into your blood stream you have to have some form of mental problems...
Mehhh. I think people who sit around all day trying to be rational and calculating (like accountants etc) are nutters. What is insanity anyway? It never existed in the first place. Pain is just as precious as ecstasy. My burden is not yours nor yours mine. You can never reach the truth nor touch reality in this world.

existence said:
Mehhh. I think people who sit around all day trying to be rational and calculating (like accountants etc) are nutters. What is insanity anyway? It never existed in the first place. Pain is just as precious as ecstasy. My burden is not yours nor yours mine. You can never reach the truth nor touch reality in this world.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there appear to be a lot of masturbation analogies there existence.:p

Frank VDB = nuts. Not the first Belgian pro to have a bit of a screw loose and he won't be the last.

riis.jpg

Who's this guy with the testosterone problem?
(apologies to the aerodynamically blessed)

Sanity: That brief period of realization when you understand that the world sucks and you can't do anything about it.
Who needs that?