CTC login

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hemmings, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. Hi, I've just been looking at the CTC's new web site and I've been trying to login to the members
    area. It asks for your membership no. and password. Now I have my Membership No. but as for the
    password I've never entered one before and there seems to be no way for you to set one up, or am I
    being stupid. John

    Tags:

  2. In news:[email protected], John Hemmings
    <[email protected]> typed:

    Now I have my Membership No. but as for the password
    > I've never entered one before and there seems to be no way for you to set one up, or am I
    > being stupid.

    Perhaps these are given out over the telephone (common security procedure, as passwords sent over
    e-mail are often delivered via insecure comms circuits -unless your telephone is being tapped!)

    The rest of the site (although I have only given it a cursory look so far) appears to be a great
    improvement on the previous ones. Well done to the CTC content providers, but boo and hiss to the
    previous site maintainers for their petulance in trying to damage a customers brand with that silly
    message (containing their *own* company name, so we all now now what muppets they are!) when they
    lost the CTC contract.

    Alex

  3. Jon Rogers

    Jon Rogers Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms
    room 2] wrote:
    > In news:[email protected], John Hemmings
    > <[email protected]> typed:
    >
    > Now I have my Membership No. but as for the password
    >> I've never entered one before and there seems to be no way for you to set one up, or am I being
    >> stupid.
    >
    > Perhaps these are given out over the telephone (common security procedure, as passwords sent over
    > e-mail are often delivered via insecure comms circuits -unless your telephone is being tapped!)
    >
    > The rest of the site (although I have only given it a cursory look so far) appears to be a great
    > improvement on the previous ones. Well done to the CTC content providers, but boo and hiss to the
    > previous site maintainers for their petulance in trying to damage a customers brand with that
    > silly message (containing their *own* company name, so we all now now what muppets they are!) when
    > they lost the CTC contract.
    >
    > Alex

    After a few attempts, I discovered that it is the same as the old site, i.e. membership number =
    username (without the letter), and surname = password.

    Mind you, when you get in, there isn't much of the old site there yet.

    HTH
    --
    Jon

  4. Thanks, maybe it should be made a bit clearer on their site!

    John

    "Jon Rogers" <jon.rogers***REMOVE_THIS***@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > In article <[email protected]>, Mr [email protected] (2.3
    zulu-alpha) [comms room 2] wrote:
    > > In news:[email protected], John Hemmings
    > > <[email protected]> typed:
    > >
    > > Now I have my Membership No. but as for the password
    > >> I've never entered one before and there seems to be no way for you to set one up, or am I being
    > >> stupid.
    > >
    > > Perhaps these are given out over the telephone (common security
    procedure,
    > > as passwords sent over e-mail are often delivered via insecure comms circuits -unless your
    > > telephone is being tapped!)
    > >
    > > The rest of the site (although I have only given it a cursory look so
    far)
    > > appears to be a great improvement on the previous ones. Well done to the
    CTC
    > > content providers, but boo and hiss to the previous site maintainers for their petulance in
    > > trying to damage a customers brand with that silly message (containing their *own* company name,
    > > so we all now now what
    muppets
    > > they are!) when they lost the CTC contract.
    > >
    > > Alex
    > >

    > After a few attempts, I discovered that it is the same as the old site,
    i.e.
    > membership number = username (without the letter), and surname = password.
    >
    > Mind you, when you get in, there isn't much of the old site there yet.
    >

    > HTH
    > --
    > Jon

  5. Steve Hatton

    Steve Hatton Guest

    > After a few attempts, I discovered that it is the same as the old site,
    i.e.
    > membership number = username (without the letter), and surname = password.
    >
    > Mind you, when you get in, there isn't much of the old site there yet.

    Thanks for that - you are right, and I can now log in. Pity that CTC couldn't respond to my e-mail
    about this though :-((

    --

    Greetings from The Slapster in Cornwall, UK

    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings. They did it by killing all those who
    opposed them.

    http://www.slapster.org.uk

  6. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    The Surname is case sensitive so I had to try various options before hitting the jackpot.

    CTC seem to think their route information is so stunningly excellent that it must be preserved for
    members only.

    news:[email protected]...