ctc scotland

raisethe

Guest
I've just received this piece of spam from CTC. Does anyone know what it
means?

<start of email>
CTC members in Scotland
'Best meeting ever held in Scotland' was CTC Scotland chairman John
Taylor's reaction to the highly successful Gathering in Stirling on 24
Nov. 'Kevin (Mayne - Director of CTC) rounded it off marvelously'. He
said 'There were so many great ideas that I could devote my whole life
to working for cycling!!!' (but of course we know he already does that!).
Kevin urges us to 'sell your new energy and vision'. About 40 members
from all over Scotland, with five CTC staff from National office, filled
the Council Chamber and, taking a cue from the new five year Strategic
Vision for CTC, looked at how things are going in Scotland, the new
diversification of CTC in England and discussed how we wanted to evolve
ourselves.
A major benefit from the packed day was letting both National office,
and all the CTC Scotland committee, Right to Ride and other members who
came along see the great variety, spread of activities and potential
there is for the CTC in Scotland. The feeling was that we have the
culture and accumulated experience to expand the scope of cycling
enterprises and also consolidate our position as cycling champions. The
challenge is to become known as the natural voice of the cyclist in
Scotland as well as a catalyst towards a significant growth in cycling.
It was clearly recognised that any significant expansion and involvement
in other cycling ventures, or focussing our campaigning work and
enhancing our effectiveness in representation would require some more
help and backup for the hard working core of voluntary activists. To
realise these ambitions we have to put ourselves on a more professional
footing. This would also help satisfy cycling activity partners and funders.
CTC have a new fund raiser who has already started looking at some
possibilities in Scotland. CTC Management committee have since agreed to
allocated £5,000 for the Director to use in Scotland to help get things
moving. Architects have just been appointed for a feasibility study at
Pollokshaws West station cycle enterprise in Glasgow which could house
an office and meeting room and become an 'address' for CTC Scotland,
next year.
The Gathering looked at possibilities. It showed the commitment is
there. Now we have to progress its spirit into actions.
Peter Hayman
CTC Councillor, Scotland
A summary of the contributions to the Gathering can be seen at
www.ctcsotland.org.uk plus the 'Start doing' and 'Stop doing' lists
extracted by Kevin at the end of the day.
<end of email>

I also note that the link to ctc scotland doesn't work.

On Dec 21, 12:01 pm, raisethe <[email protected]> wrote:
> A summary of the contributions to the Gathering can be seen atwww.ctcsotland.org.ukplus the 'Start doing' and 'Stop doing' lists
> extracted by Kevin at the end of the day.
> <end of email>
>
> I also note that the link to ctc scotland doesn't work.

It does if you put the missing "c" into Scotland.

www.ctcscotland.org.uk

A bit lax (on CTC's part) that this was missed.

PhilD

--
<><

x-no-archive:philD wrote:

> www.ctcscotland.org.uk
>
> A bit lax (on CTC's part) that this was missed.

And on mine for not spotting it. The link actually explains the strange
email, and it all seems worthy enough.