CTS - anybody tried it ?? opinions please

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by mtk, May 16, 2004.

1. mtk

mtk New Member

who has tried one of CTS online traing packages before and does it work?? any experiences appreciated.

mk

Tags:

2. ibike73

ibike73 New Member

I have several of the training tapes (mountain bike, time trial, & climbing). I started doing the tapes in mid-Feb. I came into the season stronger than I have in the past. It is just like the tapes say, they give you a great work out and do not leave you so trashed that you can not work out the next day. The good thing is that they are only 1 hour long, so there is no excuse as to not doing them.

Hope that helps. If you are looking for answers to specific questions let me know.

Ron

Ron

3. Aztec

Aztec New Member

I am coached by CTS, at the Excel level for 7 months now. It's not bad, and it is good value (cheap). Before I wasn't quite sure how to structure a training plan for myself, and lots of questions I had couldn't be answered by books.

I don't always agree w/ my coach. So sometimes I take his word for it, other times I go my own way. But 90% of the time, we're in agreement.

Am I faster/fitter because of CTS? Maybe. It has DEFINITELY helped me to limit the amount of intensity (woth exceptions) and focus more on what many here would call base training for the vast majority of the time.

4. chrispopovic

chrispopovic New Member

I've been with CTS for over a year. I'm at the lowest level ($21.95 a month) and it's a good value. For one thing, it's get me off of my rear and out on the bike on days I don't feel like it. Second, it helps me cycle up and down and had definitely helped build my stamina. Since January of this year, I've lost almost 20 pounds and my climbing has never been better. The only down side is that I'm on my fourth coach. At my level, my coaches are in something of an intern stage. It usually takes a few weeks to get in sync with them but they've all been good.

5. jagrazor

jagrazor New Member

I just wish it wasn't so expensive for the decent coaching.. :(

6. jagrazor

jagrazor New Member

that is.. i wish it wasnt so expensive for the higher level, more stable and suited to me (lofty goals).

7. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

You could also try RST (www.cyclecoach.com), the sponsor of this forum. All coaching is designed for each individuals needs, with no cookie-cutter approach.

At RST we work with various age ranges, from 18 to 55+, and with all levels (pro to recreational) and all types of riders (male/female, people with jobs/families, full-time pros, track, road, MTB, etc).

additionally, at RST you're with one coach, you don't chop and change.

check graham s's comments in this thread! http://www.cyclingforums.com/t104703.html

if you have any queries shoot me an email or a PM

cheers
    ric