CTS training dvd programs

cycledogg

Guest
I have seen these CTS training DVDs for climbing and was wondering if
they are helpful. Has anyone here used these and are they any good for
training?
Cheers,
Rick in Tennessee

cycledogg wrote:
> I have seen these CTS training DVDs for climbing and was wondering if
> they are helpful. Has anyone here used these and are they any good for
> training?
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennessee

I have used the Time Trial workout - and a great workout it is too. Sets
goals that I wouldn't normally stick too, and makes an hour plus on the
turbo fly by!

Rola wrote:
> cycledogg wrote:
>> I have seen these CTS training DVDs for climbing and was wondering if
>> they are helpful. Has anyone here used these and are they any good for
>> training?
>> Cheers,
>> Rick in Tennessee
>>

> I have used the Time Trial workout - and a great workout it is too. Sets
> goals that I wouldn't normally stick too, and makes an hour plus on the
> turbo fly by!

They're goofy, but I've used some of the Spinervals workouts with some
success.

There's a market op out there, though, for a training video with
customizable music. The Spinervals music is a bit much.

Dan

On 30 Jan 2007 07:59:08 -0800, "cycledogg" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I have seen these CTS training DVDs for climbing and was wondering if
>they are helpful. Has anyone here used these and are they any good for
>training?

Get the spelling/capitalization right please: it's ForClimbing.

--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:52:02 GMT, Dan Connelly
<d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote:

>They're goofy, but I've used some of the Spinervals workouts with some
>success.

Spinervals best part are the cheats in the group. Have to give them
credit for cheating on the routine with the camera on them.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> Spinervals best part are the cheats in the group. Have to give them
> credit for cheating on the routine with the camera on them.

I don't blame them much -- often, I can't turn the recommended gears at
the suggested cadences using my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer.

I'm reminded of the Carmichel MuscleTension(tm) workout (MT(tm) to those
in the fold) where he recommends something like a 53/15 @ 45rpm up a 8%
grade, moderate HR. I don't have the reference in front of me, but when
I used his numbers, I got something like 5.4 W/kg for this exercise.

Right....

Dan

On Jan 30, 6:51 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On 30 Jan 2007 07:59:08 -0800, "cycledogg" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I have seen these CTS training DVDs for climbing and was wondering if
> >they are helpful. Has anyone here used these and are they any good for
> >training?

> Get the spelling/capitalization right please: it's ForClimbing.
>
> JT

You forgot the accompanying TradeMark.

-bdbafh