cube frame problem ...

karziskostas

Jan 3, 2015

photo 1 photo2

Hello

My Cube GTC SL 29' (Carbon MTB) has a problem with the rear wheel. The Bike is only 15 months old and has 1500km.The problem is that the rear wheel's distance from left chain stay is only 2 mm (Photo 1) . Even the quick release is tightened up after pedaling the problem continues (Wheel shifts 2-3mm front). I m Asking if someone has the same problem.
The bike is under Guarantee (15 months) and the local dealer told me that Cube can replace it.
The problem might be in the point that the quick release skewer attaches and secures on the frame. It has made an erosion 2-3 mm in the carbon frame leading the Wheel front and left when pedaling (Photo 2). If the frame is not replaced is possible to fill this point with carbon fibres in order to restrict the Wheel's front shift?

Thanks ...

Don't mess with this yourself, take the bike back to the dealer and let them warranty it out as apparently they have already promised you. You mess with this yourself and your warranty will be voided if something goes wrong.