Cue Sheet Mounting

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rob Rudeski, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I know
    of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.

    --
    Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

    Tags:

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I use a GPS receiver mounted to my OSS handle bars. It's much more practical than Cue Sheets. I have
    it programs to beep and point out the direction of all my turns.

    "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  3. I have my stoker shout directions at the appropriate intersections.

    --
    This look left intentionally blank "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  4. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Hi Rob, I put sheets and maps in plastic bags and safety pin to pant legs, sleeve, or shirt,
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  5. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    On a TourEasy or EZ-1: small ziplock bag and 2 pipecleaners which pierce the bag and fasten it to
    handlebar crosspiece. Alternative: bag and spring clips. 3rd choice: shirt pocket but you have to be
    able to steer one-handed and view road askance.

    C.C.

    > From: "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> Organization: 24hoursupport.com Reply-To: "Rob Rudeski"
    > <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:01:13 -0400
    > Subject: Cue Sheet Mounting
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  6. John W

    John W Guest

    I use a bag clip like you buy at Walmart or any discount store. I put two-sided sticky tape on the
    bottom of the clip and fasten it to the top of my handlebars (I have OSS). I also drill four holes
    in the bottom of the clip and strap it to the handlebars with zip ties.

    John

    "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  7. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    Al,

    Great idea, Thanks.

    Rob

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Rob, I put sheets and maps in plastic bags and safety pin to pant legs, sleeve, or shirt,
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~
    >
    > "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can
    read
    > > them during rides. I know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  8. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    Hi Carol,

    Thanks for the excellent suggestions.

    Rob

    "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAC18307.49BB8%[email protected]...
    > On a TourEasy or EZ-1: small ziplock bag and 2 pipecleaners which pierce the bag and fasten it to
    > handlebar crosspiece. Alternative: bag and
    spring
    > clips. 3rd choice: shirt pocket but you have to be able to steer one-handed and view road askance.
    >
    > C.C.
    >
    > > From: "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> Organization: 24hoursupport.com Reply-To: "Rob Rudeski"
    > > <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:01:13 -0400
    > > Subject: Cue Sheet Mounting
    > >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can
    read
    > > them during rides. I know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  9. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAC18307.49BB8%[email protected]...
    > On a TourEasy or EZ-1: small ziplock bag and 2 pipecleaners which pierce the bag and fasten it to
    > handlebar crosspiece. Alternative: bag and
    spring
    > clips. 3rd choice: shirt pocket but you have to be able to steer one-handed and view road askance.
    >
    > C.C.

    That's a simple clever solution for the TE. For a USS bike I usually fold the cue sheet neatly and
    slip it under my lycra shorts. It stays put and it is easily accessible.

    I have a bad habit of just following people. On one cross state ride I followed the wrong people and
    ended up at their house which was about ten miles off course. They were helpful in redirecting me
    and nice enough not to laugh, but I could tell they wanted to. Cue sheets are good if you take the
    trouble to look at them.

    skip

  10. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    > For a USS bike I usually fold the cue sheet neatly and slip it under my lycra shorts. It stays
    > put and it is easily accessible.

    Sorry, Skip, I can't resist: Is that a cue sheet, or are you just glad to see me?

    > I have a bad habit of just following people. On one cross state ride I followed the wrong people
    > and ended up at their house which was about ten miles off course. They were helpful in redirecting
    > me and nice enough not to laugh, but I could tell they wanted to. Cue sheets are good if you take
    > the trouble to look at them.
    >
    > skip

    I have a few solo rides that I've put together from the state bike map and a book of street maps of
    all the cities & towns in the area. So I made my own small pocketsize cue sheets since I haven't
    memorized these routes. Drawing these on plain paper helps me get them clearer in my mind. Since
    these are custom-made for me, they are a lot easier to use than printed ones, esp. the ones that are
    in those small thick chatty guidebooks -- too big for a pocket, and they won't stay flat open to the
    map you need.

    C.C.

  11. "skip" skrev

    > I have a bad habit of just following people. On one cross state ride I followed the wrong people
    > and ended up at their house which was about ten miles off course. They were helpful in redirecting
    > me and nice enough not to laugh, but I could tell they wanted to. Cue sheets are good if you take
    > the trouble to look at them.

    But so far noone has adopted you?

    "Yeah, this is Skip. He followed us home one day, all lost and lonely and we just couldn't get
    ourselves to throw him out, so we kept him."

    ;o)

  12. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAC1ADD3.49BD0%[email protected]...
    > > For a USS bike I usually fold the cue sheet neatly and slip it under my lycra shorts. It
    > > stays put
    and it
    > > is easily accessible.
    >
    > Sorry, Skip, I can't resist: Is that a cue sheet, or are you just glad to see me?

    I never thought of Rolling It Up and putting it there, but it would probably enhance (so to
    speak) my chances of meeting a new special friend on the ride. I'd want to use something smaller
    than and 8 1/2" x 11" que sheet to avoid any subsequent dissapointment and rejection which can be
    tough on a guy.

    skip

  13. One method, besides the map up the shorts trick (on a hot day the map has a tendency to soften and
    run a bit), is the Tennis Ball tube . I get a clear tennis ball tube, you can usually find them
    around tennis courts, and place the 8" X 11" map rolled up inside the tube. I velcro or rubber band
    the tube to my handlebars in front of me.The route I'm traveling is exposed toward
    me.I leave one end of the tube open and simply turn the map with my finger tips as I need to. It
    works well but with some handle bars it can interfere with your line of sight. It seems to be
    that way on my Giro but it worked well on my VREX. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken"
    www.recumbentstuff.com

    "John W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I use a bag clip like you buy at Walmart or any discount store. I put two-sided sticky tape on the
    > bottom of the clip and fasten it to the top
    of
    > my handlebars (I have OSS). I also drill four holes in the bottom of the clip and strap it to the
    > handlebars with zip ties.
    >
    > John
    >

    > "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can
    read
    > > them during rides. I know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

  14. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Rob Rudeski wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering what the options are for carrying cue sheets so you can read them during rides. I
    > know of using a handlebar bag, but what are other methods that you all use.

    Blindly following the other riders in the group. ;) I once did a 78 mile metric century this way.

  15. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Rob,

    I have the information from the cue sheet tattoed on my thigh, just above the knee. It's always accessible . . . and I can do two more rides before I run out of thigh!

    Ben

  16. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    That made me laugh. Thanks. An image comes to mind of Florence Griffith Joyner's one-legged running
    suit. Especially if the route you're riding is full of turns.

    Rob