Cuisinart or KitchenAid?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Buck Turgidson, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between
    the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or
    horror stories on either brand?

    Tags:

  2. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >"Bubba Buck Turgidson"

    Turgid, eh... prick!

    >The wife wants a new food processor.

    THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is actually
    refered to by name; Killer!

    > We can't decide

    Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
    decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber than
    you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly bastard.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  3. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    PENMART01 wrote:

    > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
    > decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber than
    > you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly bastard.

    ...so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

    ~john

  4. > Turgid, eh... prick!

    > >The wife wants a new food processor.
    >
    > THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is
    > actually refered to by name; Killer!
    >
    > > We can't decide
    >
    > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
    > decide for
    herself...
    > you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant
    > redneck hillybilly bastard.

    Wow, did you go off your meds or something? Thanks for no
    help.

  5. Donna Rose

    Donna Rose Guest

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    I received the Cuisinart Custom Prep-11 cup for my birthday
    last year. I'm very pleased with it. My mom bought it at
    Costco, and it came in a package with a second bowl, three
    slicing/grating blades,a separate dough blade, a blade
    holder, and a Lydia Bastianich cookbook. This package was
    cheaper than a 7-cup model she had purchased on sale
    elsewhere that didn't have any of the extra 'goodies' that
    came with the Costco version.

    I'm totally unfamiliar with the KitchenAid processor so
    can't comment on that.

    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  6. "Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife"
    is the one who uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?

    If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide
    which processor to get but he'd end up in it.

    Cuisinart.

    Felice

  7. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    > "Felice Friese" writes:
    >
    >>"Buck Turgidson" wrote:
    >>
    >> The wife wants a new food processor. >>We can't decide
    >
    >If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife"
    >is the one who uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?
    >
    >If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide
    >which processor to get but he'd end up in it.

    Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  8. "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

    Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
    rather than objectifying.

    rona

    --
    ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the
    inconvenience!***

  9. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

    > Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
    > rather than objectifying.

    Up there with The little woman. Grrr.

    At any rate, I doubt many people have experience with both
    ... who goes out and buys two different food processors so
    they can really give an opinion one way or another. I'm
    happy with my Cuisinart. Perhaps consumer reports has rated
    them in the near past?

    nancy

  10. "Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    Fine Cooking did a test and Cuisinart edged out KitchenAid
    by the slimmest margin. However, the KitchenAid comes with
    more attachments (different kinds of discs) and a mini-bowl.
    Consider what you'll be using it for most--if you might be
    using it for small batches then the KitchenAid might be a
    better buy for you because of that mini-bowl. rona
    --
    ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the
    inconvenience!***

  11. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    Can't give you a comparison. I went with the Kitchenaid
    Professional - I've been pleased with it and I particularly
    like the mini bowl which is just right for making mayo.

  12. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], Buck
    Turgidson at [email protected] wrote on 3/15/04 12:34 PM:

    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    This subject has been discussed ad nauseum here and at the
    equipment newsgroup.

    Try a Google search using your subject header in quotes on
    their "groups" section and read the previous posts for some
    comprehensive info.

    They are both equally great machines. Either one will do the
    job and last a very long time, perhaps you will never need
    to buy another. But only YOU can decide which is the
    "better" machine.

    They do each have different features. One has a very large
    feed tube, the other, a mini-bowl. Both are helpful
    features. If I could get both features in the same machine,
    that'd be the machine to buy. But since I couldn't, I chose
    the one with the large feed tube. I have never once felt an
    ounce of buyers remorse, wishing I had the other one.

    Evaluate what you will use it for, how and what you cook,
    and look at each machine.

    Buy the one that will best accomodate your needs.

  13. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    What I love about Sheldon:

    You never know when he'll pop in and crack you up.

    Here I was, just browsing through the newsgroup. I read
    Buck's message, and hit the button to go to the first reply.
    I fully expected to get somebody who wuld give an opinion
    that I would file away in the back of my head for later,
    if/when I am in the market.

    Instead, I get Sheldon unloading, in an explicit, profane
    manner. It just cracks me up.

    Keep up the good work, Shel.

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  14. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    In rec.food.cooking, Levelwave? <[email protected]> wrote:
    > PENMART01 wrote:

    > > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife
    > > to decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber
    > > than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly bastard.

    > ...so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

    Where did you get that? He's obviously a KitchenAid man.
    Can't you read?

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  15. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m22.aol.com...
    >>
    >> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.
    >>

    > Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
    > rather than objectifying.
    >
    > rona

    I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
    describe the ex only.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.

  16. A.C.

    A.C. Guest

    "Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
    > opinions or horror stories on either brand?

    evidently you didn't use the proper term to satisfy these
    people buck. i say

    colloquial expressions. i've heard that term to used before
    and there was no disrespect intended.

    ac

  17. Pan Ohco

    Pan Ohco Guest

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:39:14 GMT, hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
    >describe the ex only.

    Your a hell of a lot nicer then I am. My ex's name is B--
    ch. Pan Ohco

  18. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], hahabogus at

    > "Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> m22.aol.com...
    >>>
    >>> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.
    >>>

    >> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
    >> rather than objectifying.
    >>
    >> rona
    >>

    > I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
    > describe the ex only.

    And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her
    boyfriend's wife....!

  19. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    Sheryl Rosen wrote:

    > And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her boyfriend's
    > wife....!

    What about you women that like to refer to your SO has
    *the hubby*!?!

    Guilty as Charged

    *sf*

    http://tinyurl.com/25cpu

    *LIMEY01*

    http://tinyurl.com/ytnun

    *Goomba*

    http://tinyurl.com/25rrd

    *j*ni* (mom - gamer - cook)

    http://tinyurl.com/3epwx

    *Rick & Cindi* (never could figure out who was who)

    http://tinyurl.com/2y9cz

    *Nexis*

    http://tinyurl.com/2qbs7

    *MareCat*

    http://tinyurl.com/ysbq8

    Virginia

    http://tinyurl.com/22lhx

  20. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:07:16 GMT, Donna Rose
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article
    > <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
    > > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic.
    > > Any opinions or horror stories on either brand?
    >
    > I received the Cuisinart Custom Prep-11 cup for my
    > birthday last year. I'm very pleased with it. My mom
    > bought it at Costco, and it came in a package with a
    > second bowl, three slicing/grating blades,a separate
    > dough blade, a blade holder, and a Lydia Bastianich
    > cookbook.

    Woooo. I replaced my original model Cusinart 6 + years
    ago... I sure would love another bowl, but what I want more
    is the domed lid that I had (a separate purchase) with the
    DLC 9. It was sooo easy to make dough with that domed lid!
    Even though my bowl is larger now, I can barely make more
    than I did before.