Cuisinart or KitchenAid?

Buck Turgidson

Guest
The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between
the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or
horror stories on either brand?

Turgid, eh... *****!

>The wife wants a new food processor.

THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is actually
refered to by name; Killer!

> We can't decide

Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber than
you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly *******.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

PENMART01 wrote:

> Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
> decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber than
> you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly *******.

...so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

~john

> Turgid, eh... *****!
>
> >The wife wants a new food processor.
>
> THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is
> actually refered to by name; Killer!
>
> > We can't decide
>
> Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to
> decide for
herself...
> you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant
> redneck hillybilly *******.

Wow, did you go off your meds or something? Thanks for no
help.

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

I received the Cuisinart Custom Prep-11 cup for my birthday
last year. I'm very pleased with it. My mom bought it at
Costco, and it came in a package with a second bowl, three
slicing/grating blades,a separate dough blade, a blade
holder, and a Lydia Bastianich cookbook. This package was
cheaper than a 7-cup model she had purchased on sale
elsewhere that didn't have any of the extra 'goodies' that
came with the Costco version.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the KitchenAid processor so
can't comment on that.

--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
hopes they are.

"Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife"
is the one who uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?

If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide
which processor to get but he'd end up in it.

Cuisinart.

Felice

> "Felice Friese" writes:
>
>>"Buck Turgidson" wrote:
>>
>> The wife wants a new food processor. >>We can't decide
>
>If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife"
>is the one who uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?
>
>If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide
>which processor to get but he'd end up in it.

Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
rather than objectifying.

rona

--
***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the
inconvenience!***

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
> rather than objectifying.

Up there with The little woman. Grrr.

At any rate, I doubt many people have experience with both
... who goes out and buys two different food processors so
they can really give an opinion one way or another. I'm
happy with my Cuisinart. Perhaps consumer reports has rated
them in the near past?

nancy

"Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

Fine Cooking did a test and Cuisinart edged out KitchenAid
by the slimmest margin. However, the KitchenAid comes with
more attachments (different kinds of discs) and a mini-bowl.
Consider what you'll be using it for most--if you might be
using it for small batches then the KitchenAid might be a
better buy for you because of that mini-bowl. rona
--
***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the
inconvenience!***

"Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

Can't give you a comparison. I went with the Kitchenaid
Professional - I've been pleased with it and I particularly
like the mini bowl which is just right for making mayo.

in article [email protected], Buck
Turgidson at [email protected] wrote on 3/15/04 12:34 PM:

> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

This subject has been discussed ad nauseum here and at the
equipment newsgroup.

Try a Google search using your subject header in quotes on
their "groups" section and read the previous posts for some
comprehensive info.

They are both equally great machines. Either one will do the
job and last a very long time, perhaps you will never need
to buy another. But only YOU can decide which is the
"better" machine.

They do each have different features. One has a very large
feed tube, the other, a mini-bowl. Both are helpful
features. If I could get both features in the same machine,
that'd be the machine to buy. But since I couldn't, I chose
the one with the large feed tube. I have never once felt an
ounce of buyers remorse, wishing I had the other one.

Evaluate what you will use it for, how and what you cook,
and look at each machine.

Buy the one that will best accomodate your needs.

What I love about Sheldon:

You never know when he'll pop in and crack you up.

Here I was, just browsing through the newsgroup. I read
Buck's message, and hit the button to go to the first reply.
I fully expected to get somebody who wuld give an opinion
that I would file away in the back of my head for later,
if/when I am in the market.

Instead, I get Sheldon unloading, in an explicit, profane
manner. It just cracks me up.

Keep up the good work, Shel.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

In rec.food.cooking, Levelwave? <[email protected]> wrote:
> PENMART01 wrote:

> > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife
> > to decide for herself... you mean she's actually dumber
> > than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly *******.

> ...so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

Where did you get that? He's obviously a KitchenAid man.
Can't you read?

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040315154719.01740.00001536@mb-
> m22.aol.com...
>>
>> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.
>>

> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
> rather than objectifying.
>
> rona

I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
describe the ex only.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
nothing but food and water.

"Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any
> opinions or horror stories on either brand?

evidently you didn't use the proper term to satisfy these
people buck. i say

colloquial expressions. i've heard that term to used before
and there was no disrespect intended.

ac

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:39:14 GMT, hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:

>I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
>describe the ex only.

Your a hell of a lot nicer then I am. My ex's name is B--
ch. Pan Ohco

in article [email protected], hahabogus at

> "Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040315154719.01740.00001536@mb-
>> m22.aol.com...
>>>
>>> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.
>>>

>> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute"
>> rather than objectifying.
>>
>> rona
>>

> I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to
> describe the ex only.

And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her
boyfriend's wife....!

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her boyfriend's
> wife....!

What about you women that like to refer to your SO has
*the hubby*!?!

Guilty as Charged

*sf*

http://tinyurl.com/25cpu

*LIMEY01*

http://tinyurl.com/ytnun

*Goomba*

http://tinyurl.com/25rrd

*j*ni* (mom - gamer - cook)

http://tinyurl.com/3epwx

*Rick & Cindi* (never could figure out who was who)

http://tinyurl.com/2y9cz

*Nexis*

http://tinyurl.com/2qbs7

*MareCat*

http://tinyurl.com/ysbq8

Virginia

http://tinyurl.com/22lhx

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:07:16 GMT, Donna Rose
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide
> > between the big KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic.
> > Any opinions or horror stories on either brand?
>
> I received the Cuisinart Custom Prep-11 cup for my
> birthday last year. I'm very pleased with it. My mom
> bought it at Costco, and it came in a package with a
> second bowl, three slicing/grating blades,a separate
> dough blade, a blade holder, and a Lydia Bastianich
> cookbook.

Woooo. I replaced my original model Cusinart 6 + years
ago... I sure would love another bowl, but what I want more
is the domed lid that I had (a separate purchase) with the
DLC 9. It was sooo easy to make dough with that domed lid!
Even though my bowl is larger now, I can barely make more
than I did before.