Cunego

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
someone really whould short Cunego on Betfair. He looks shocking, maybe he is riding clean. He wont top 10.

Apparently Cunego fell yesterday at 2 km from the end, or so I read somewhere. He says he is feeling good and wants to win a stage. Let's see. He better deliver something having deserted the Giro...

I would bet on Riccò causing some trouble in this Tour...

TheDarkLord said:
You mean trouble by his racing, or trouble by his big mouth?
I think Riccò will try something with his legs... in the mountains.

thunder said:
legs

he just has poor legs.

wont make the top 10
I assume you are speaking of Cunego. I hope you are wrong. Let us see when they begin to climb whether his bet will pay off. I must admit to having a few doubts.

thunder said:
someone really whould short Cunego on Betfair. He looks shocking, maybe he is riding clean. He wont top 10.
gees Thunder you are good

I agree with PP :

It's moronic (but what else would you expect) for people to suggest that Cunego isn't going well - we've only had 6 stages of this TDF, with 5 of those stages being relatively flat.
Cunego is a climber.

Also to suggest that Cunego won't finish top 10 - appears to disregard the fact that the guy only ever started one TDF before.
So to assume that he won't finish top 10 is, a guess, at best.

Incidentally in the one TDF that he did start - he finished 11th overall on GC.

limerickman said:
I agree with PP :

It's moronic (but what else would you expect) for people to suggest that Cunego isn't going well - we've only had 6 stages of this TDF, with 5 of those stages being relatively flat.
Cunego is a climber.

Also to suggest that Cunego won't finish top 10 - appears to disregard the fact that the guy only ever started one TDF before.
So to assume that he won't finish top 10 is, a guess, at best.

Incidentally in the one TDF that he did start - he finished 11th overall on GC.
Lim, he was on the second tier of betting favourites, he won the Giro in 04, and you are telling me, it is a stretch for top 10?

Come on mate, pull your finger out of your Gallic **** mate you silly leprechaun.:D

In the tour of switzerland cunego didnt go that well so his form in the first week shouldnt come as that much of a surprise? He would have expected to lose as much time in the TT as he did and could he have not been pushing it too hard yesterday to save energy for later in the race? Zubeldia lost almost as much time yesterday and he has been seen as a potential podium placer too. In his previous tour i think his best performances were in the last week so maybe he will do better towards the end in this tour as well.

Climbers often suffer a bit in the first mountain stage adjusting from the big gears used in the first week to the climbs. Maybe that the case with Cunego? Having said that the Stage 6 finish had 'Cunego' (and Valverde and Ricco) written all over it and Cunego was the one who had a big farkin fat fail.

Personally I reckon he looked shithouse, was pig-rooting the bike and won't get in the top 6 overall.

thunder said:
Lim, he was on the second tier of betting favourites, he won the Giro in 04, and you are telling me, it is a stretch for top 10?

Come on mate, pull your finger out of your Gallic **** mate you silly leprechaun.:D

Like your comments about Schumacher and his stage win..............you haven't clue.
It was YOU who suggested that Cunego isn't top 10.
Not me.
And I am suggesting that your reasoning is in error.
if you look at his only previous TDF result he finished 11th.
So far we have flat stages..............you won't expect Cunego to feature
in those.

And by the way, I'm getting a little bit tired of the abusive language that you use on this site and your interaction with several members.
I'll give you the chance to clean up yer act.
I suggest you take it.
Mate.

limerickman said:
Like your comments about Schumacher and his stage win..............you haven't clue.

And by the way, I'm getting a little bit tired of the abusive language that you use on this site and your interaction with several members.
I suggest you take it.
Mate.
take it to heart Lim:rolleyes:

limerickman said:
I suggest you take it.
Mate.
Thanks Lim!
happy0034.gif

thunder said:
its a forum, robust dicussion and profanity laced dialogue is the norm.

Robust discussion is fine.

Attempts to insult your fellow members isn't.

regardless...Cunego won't finish top 10...there might not have been much in the way of hills so far, but what there has been, he's had time put into him in every one...another 30 secs today

Hitchy said:
regardless...Cunego won't finish top 10...there might not have been much in the way of hills so far, but what there has been, he's had time put into him in every one...another 30 secs today
But he also crashed again, if I am not mistaken. But I agree that his GC ambitions are looking increasingly difficult. Although a mountain stage can change all that, one way or another...

Powerful Pete said:
But he also crashed again, if I am not mistaken. But I agree that his GC ambitions are looking increasingly difficult. Although a mountain stage can change all that, one way or another...
He's out of it!! Even if he fairs well in the mountains he's almost 2 minutes down and i'm sure he'd lose close to another minute in the final time trial. Still anythings possible

Well, from a purely numbers standpoint, I have to disagree. If he were to climb with the big boys and only lose a minute in the TT he could easily stay in the top ten, if not better.

Of course, there are two big 'ifs' there: (i) he can climb with the best of them; and (ii) he can limit his losses in the TT. And thus far I will agree with you that he is not looking too good.