Cunego's schedule

LewisBricktop

Sep 10, 2006
Why does Cunego still want to repeat at the Giro?? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/mar09/mar27news2

He hasn't done well in grand tours recently because he can't time trial all that well and can't last on a 30+ minute climb. Of course this leads one to wonder how he won his first Giro and lasted with a likely doped Schleck on L'Alpe D'Huez, but that's besides the point.

He is perhaps my favorite rider in the peloton right now (maybe that's the problem), but he makes some bad decisions. He can rock the Ardennes and the fall classics, and he just put Cadel in his panzy little corner at the Coppi e Bartali. I just wonder why he doesn't give up on the Giro and the Tour and focus on some other one day classics.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he could do well in De Ronde, PR, Milan-San Remo, etc.... That seems to be the route that Sylvain Chavanel took, and it has been working for him. The French lost a Tour hopeful, but he has been pretty successful with his new program.

Does anyone know something that I don't? And I do mean regarding this particular topic.
cool.gif

LewisBricktop said:
Why does Cunego still want to repeat at the Giro?? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/mar09/mar27news2

He hasn't done well in grand tours recently because he can't time trial all that well and can't last on a 30+ minute climb. Of course this leads one to wonder how he won his first Giro and lasted with a likely doped Schleck on L'Alpe D'Huez, but that's besides the point.

He is perhaps my favorite rider in the peloton right now (maybe that's the problem), but he makes some bad decisions. He can rock the Ardennes and the fall classics, and he just put Cadel in his panzy little corner at the Coppi e Bartali. I just wonder why he doesn't give up on the Giro and the Tour and focus on some other one day classics.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he could do well in De Ronde, PR, Milan-San Remo, etc.... That seems to be the route that Sylvain Chavanel took, and it has been working for him. The French lost a Tour hopeful, but he has been pretty successful with his new program.

Does anyone know something that I don't? And I do mean regarding this particular topic.
cool.gif
he actually can tt, when on gear.

See the final tt in 2006 TdF. He was competing with Marcus Fothen, for the white jersey. He ended up beating Fothen, by a shitload, and I think he even beat Evans in that tt. When a good tt by Evans, could have won him the Tour, if he beat Landis by a minute, or 90 seconds.

Now, Fothen was a world champ, u23 tter.

The function of doping in this doping age, is O2 delivery. That is why, you can see Valverde, and Rasmussen, throwing down great tts.

And why Cavendish and Valverde win prologues.

Cavendish never won pursuits in the jnrs.

Cav's 3km jnr pursuit, was about 3'33". You see climbers in Australia, and 16yo Japanese riders, doing faster individual pursuits.

thunder said:
he actually can tt, when on gear.

See the final tt in 2006 TdF. He was competing with Marcus Fothen, for the white jersey. He ended up beating Fothen, by a shitload, and I think he even beat Evans in that tt. When a good tt by Evans, could have won him the Tour, if he beat Landis by a minute, or 90 seconds.

Now, Fothen was a world champ, u23 tter.

The function of doping in this doping age, is O2 delivery. That is why, you can see Valverde, and Rasmussen, throwing down great tts.

And why Cavendish and Valverde win prologues.

Cavendish never won pursuits in the jnrs.

Cav's 3km jnr pursuit, was about 3'33". You see climbers in Australia, and 16yo Japanese riders, doing faster individual pursuits.
eeww