cureyourheartburn.com - Does it work?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Tags:

  2. Angie

    Angie Guest

    I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
    night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
    on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
    a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
    not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
    Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
    bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
    (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
    you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
    and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
    I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
    any money on those pills. Take care.

  3. "Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
    > night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
    > on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
    > a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
    > not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
    > Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
    > bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
    > (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
    > you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
    > and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
    > I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
    > any money on those pills. Take care.

    I have never gotten heartburn since low carbing. Not once, not ever. When I
    wasn't, I got it all the time. As a "vegetarian" it was chronic.

  4. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    Heartburn was one of the many health issues that have disappeared since I
    went low carb :). Ain't it GREAT?? I never thought I'd feel so good again!
    --
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)

    "Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
    > night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
    > on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
    > a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
    > not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
    > Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
    > bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
    > (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
    > you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
    > and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
    > I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
    > any money on those pills. Take care.

  5. Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
    hear-say on the web.

    Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
    what I'm following. It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a
    while. I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
    on my kidneys. I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
    or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
    anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
    disease.

  6. Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to

  7. [email protected] wrote:

    > Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
    > hear-say on the web.

    For many of these pills, if they worked most would use them.

    > Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
    > what I'm following.

    In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire
    cure without medications.

    > It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a while.

    So eat wrong once in a while then. No big deal as long as you don't
    let it push you off-plan or down a slippery slope. Just to check -
    Just what do you think "once in a while" means? Monthly, every
    2-3 months, annually?

    > I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
    > on my kidneys.

    Since you would only eat food that would call for it, there is no
    such thing as long-term use anymore. Low carb long term and
    goodbye meds except for cheating meals.

    > I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
    > or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
    > anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
    > disease.

    Yet there's no need for antacids on days low carbing, so no problem.

  8. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    http://www.lacetoleather.com/heartburn.html is only one of many remedy sites
    I found - of course, with any of them YMMV :)
    --
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
    > hear-say on the web.
    >
    > Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
    > what I'm following. It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a
    > while. I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
    > on my kidneys. I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
    > or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
    > anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
    > disease.

  9. Yesterday I went into a drawer that I hadn't gone into for quite a
    while and found a packet of my black licorice throat lozenges. I used
    to go thru about 4 to 5 packets per month for sore throats when I had
    colds. It's been sitting there for about 5 years now. I miss the black
    licorice taste but I sure don't miss the dry and sore throats and the
    colds.

    TC

    Sherry wrote:
    > Heartburn was one of the many health issues that have disappeared since I
    > went low carb :). Ain't it GREAT?? I never thought I'd feel so good again!
    > --
    > Sherry
    > 364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    > http://lowcarb.owly.net
    >
    > "Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
    > > night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
    > > on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
    > > a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
    > > not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
    > > Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
    > > bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
    > > (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
    > > you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
    > > and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
    > > I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
    > > any money on those pills. Take care.

  10. RE: In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire cure
    without medications. -- I wish. To be honest, I can only eat carbs
    and/or fruit 3x's per week. Forget surgar. The carbs that I can eat
    3x's per week are healthy ones such as oatmeal, etc. Forget crousants,
    cakes, cookies. I can also tolerate very little spices. This is a hard
    diet to stick to so sometimes I get weak and eat something I shouldn't.
    Then it's full does of the meds. Otherwise, it's half dose. In
    otherwords, I haven't reached a point where I can get off of the meds.
    I'm not overweight either.

  11. I did a search on this group for the word 'exercise' and found the
    following posted in 2001. This may be my answer, especially during my
    weak moments:

    "Mean plasma insulin concentrations were significantly lower (-61%) at
    the end of a 15-min exercise session on a stationary bicycle (50 W) at
    1 h after the meal, compared to insulin concentrations when subjects
    rested throughout the test, but had returned to normal resting levels
    by 30 min after the end of the exercise bout."

    from: http://www.uchsc.edu/misc/diabetes/chap12two.html

    "1. Exercise Helps Burn Excess Sugar:
    Physical exercise helps the body burn more sugar. Insulin is still
    needed to allow the sugar to be burned, but the insulin is more
    effective during periods of exercise. As more blood flows to
    exercising muscles, these muscles take more sugar from the blood to
    use for energy. As blood flow increases in the arms and legs during
    exercise, more insulin is absorbed into the blood. The increased sugar
    and insulin flowing in the blood to the muscles during exercise causes
    more sugar to be burned. The old belief that people should not
    exercise if they have high blood sugar is wrong. The exercise usually
    helps lower the blood sugar. "

  12. [email protected] wrote:
    > Doug Freyburger wrote:
    >
    > > In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire cure
    > > without medications.

    > I wish. To be honest, I can only eat carbs
    > and/or fruit 3x's per week. Forget surgar. The carbs that I can eat
    > 3x's per week are healthy ones such as oatmeal, etc.

    So you are more sensative to carbs than most, stuck at nearly
    Induction levels.

    Just checking - Have you tried root veggies, nuts, berries, legumes?
    There could easily be carb sources other than fruits and oats.

    > Forget crousants,
    > cakes, cookies. I can also tolerate very little spices. This is a hard
    > diet to stick to so sometimes I get weak and eat something I shouldn't.

    If you're stuck near Induction levels or you get indigestion, my
    sympathies. I only have problems with a known selection of
    foods so I have the opposite problem - too much freedom to hang
    myself with.

    > Then it's full does of the meds. Otherwise, it's half dose. In
    > otherwords, I haven't reached a point where I can get off of the meds.
    > I'm not overweight either.

    Let's see if I have this right - Your issue is adherence to staying
    very
    low in carbs yet you need to stay low to resolve the problem.
    Have you tried Atkins Induction as it is written in the DANDR book?
    If you're eating problem foods 3 times per week and having troubles
    staying off them, then the 2 week bootcamp process could well turn
    off your cravings for them. There'd always be the tempation to
    poison yourself again and jump back on the indigestion wagon, but
    at least you would know a way to turn off the cravings. Low carbing
    may be easy to stay on once you know what to avoid, but it is no
    magic cure where you can start poisoning yourself again and become
    immune to the problems coming back.