cureyourheartburn.com - Does it work?

I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
(i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
any money on those pills. Take care.

"Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
> night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
> on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
> a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
> not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
> Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
> bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
> (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
> you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
> and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
> I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
> any money on those pills. Take care.

I have never gotten heartburn since low carbing. Not once, not ever. When I
wasn't, I got it all the time. As a "vegetarian" it was chronic.

Heartburn was one of the many health issues that have disappeared since I
went low carb :). Ain't it GREAT?? I never thought I'd feel so good again!
--
Sherry
364/297/195 (4/3/05)

"Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
> night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
> on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
> a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
> not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
> Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
> bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
> (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
> you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
> and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
> I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
> any money on those pills. Take care.

Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
hear-say on the web.

Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
what I'm following. It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a
while. I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
on my kidneys. I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
disease.

[email protected] wrote:

> Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
> hear-say on the web.

For many of these pills, if they worked most would use them.

> Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
> what I'm following.

In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire
cure without medications.

> It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a while.

So eat wrong once in a while then. No big deal as long as you don't
let it push you off-plan or down a slippery slope. Just to check -
Just what do you think "once in a while" means? Monthly, every
2-3 months, annually?

> I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
> on my kidneys.

Since you would only eat food that would call for it, there is no
such thing as long-term use anymore. Low carb long term and
goodbye meds except for cheating meals.

> I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
> or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
> anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
> disease.

Yet there's no need for antacids on days low carbing, so no problem.

http://www.lacetoleather.com/heartburn.html is only one of many remedy sites
I found - of course, with any of them YMMV :)
--
Sherry
364/297/195 (4/3/05)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Apparently, the advertisement I pointed out doesn't work according to
> hear-say on the web.
>
> Yes, you're right the low carb diet with no sugar does work as that's
> what I'm following. It would just be nice to eat other foods once in a
> while. I'm also concerned about the long-term effects of the medicine
> on my kidneys. I'd also like to find a natural substitude (either herb
> or food) that neutralizes the acid in the stomack other than
> anti-acides. They have aluminum which I agree does lead to Alzheimer's
> disease.

Yesterday I went into a drawer that I hadn't gone into for quite a
while and found a packet of my black licorice throat lozenges. I used
to go thru about 4 to 5 packets per month for sore throats when I had
colds. It's been sitting there for about 5 years now. I miss the black
licorice taste but I sure don't miss the dry and sore throats and the
colds.

TC

Sherry wrote:
> Heartburn was one of the many health issues that have disappeared since I
> went low carb :). Ain't it GREAT?? I never thought I'd feel so good again!
> --
> Sherry
> 364/297/195 (4/3/05)
> http://lowcarb.owly.net
>
> "Angie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have had really bad heartburn and would have trouble sleeping at
> > night. I used to eat alot of sugar and drink alot of soda. After being
> > on the Atkins diet for about 3 days it has gone away. I let myself have
> > a glass of soda one Sunday evening and that night was horrible! I am
> > not saying to go on Atkins, but maybe it has alot to do with sugar.
> > Maybe stay off sugar for 3 days and see how you feel. If it still
> > bothers you maybe you can get a prescription from your doctor, previset
> > (i think that is how it is spelled) worked decently for me. And also if
> > you really need sugar I use a packet of splenda in my coffee with half
> > and half (no sugar in there, or very little).
> > I hope it works for you like it did for me so you do not have to spend
> > any money on those pills. Take care.

RE: In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire cure
without medications. -- I wish. To be honest, I can only eat carbs
and/or fruit 3x's per week. Forget surgar. The carbs that I can eat
3x's per week are healthy ones such as oatmeal, etc. Forget crousants,
cakes, cookies. I can also tolerate very little spices. This is a hard
diet to stick to so sometimes I get weak and eat something I shouldn't.
Then it's full does of the meds. Otherwise, it's half dose. In
otherwords, I haven't reached a point where I can get off of the meds.
I'm not overweight either.

I did a search on this group for the word 'exercise' and found the
following posted in 2001. This may be my answer, especially during my
weak moments:

"Mean plasma insulin concentrations were significantly lower (-61%) at
the end of a 15-min exercise session on a stationary bicycle (50 W) at
1 h after the meal, compared to insulin concentrations when subjects
rested throughout the test, but had returned to normal resting levels
by 30 min after the end of the exercise bout."

from: http://www.uchsc.edu/misc/diabetes/chap12two.html

"1. Exercise Helps Burn Excess Sugar:
Physical exercise helps the body burn more sugar. Insulin is still
needed to allow the sugar to be burned, but the insulin is more
effective during periods of exercise. As more blood flows to
exercising muscles, these muscles take more sugar from the blood to
use for energy. As blood flow increases in the arms and legs during
exercise, more insulin is absorbed into the blood. The increased sugar
and insulin flowing in the blood to the muscles during exercise causes
more sugar to be burned. The old belief that people should not
exercise if they have high blood sugar is wrong. The exercise usually
helps lower the blood sugar. "

[email protected] wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
> > In other words like so many low carbers you have a sure-fire cure
> > without medications.

> I wish. To be honest, I can only eat carbs
> and/or fruit 3x's per week. Forget surgar. The carbs that I can eat
> 3x's per week are healthy ones such as oatmeal, etc.

So you are more sensative to carbs than most, stuck at nearly
Induction levels.

Just checking - Have you tried root veggies, nuts, berries, legumes?
There could easily be carb sources other than fruits and oats.

> Forget crousants,
> cakes, cookies. I can also tolerate very little spices. This is a hard
> diet to stick to so sometimes I get weak and eat something I shouldn't.

If you're stuck near Induction levels or you get indigestion, my
sympathies. I only have problems with a known selection of
foods so I have the opposite problem - too much freedom to hang
myself with.

> Then it's full does of the meds. Otherwise, it's half dose. In
> otherwords, I haven't reached a point where I can get off of the meds.
> I'm not overweight either.

Let's see if I have this right - Your issue is adherence to staying
very
low in carbs yet you need to stay low to resolve the problem.
Have you tried Atkins Induction as it is written in the DANDR book?
If you're eating problem foods 3 times per week and having troubles
staying off them, then the 2 week bootcamp process could well turn
off your cravings for them. There'd always be the tempation to
poison yourself again and jump back on the indigestion wagon, but
at least you would know a way to turn off the cravings. Low carbing
may be easy to stay on once you know what to avoid, but it is no
magic cure where you can start poisoning yourself again and become
immune to the problems coming back.