Curious -- Why Do You Continue To Stay With ARBR

Larry Varney wrote:

> I'm sure the two women in the picture would be delighted by the
> appraisal. But the age range is narrower and higher than that, beginning
> at approximately your upper limit....

When guessing the age of women, ALWAYS guess low unless your intent is
to be insulting. ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy

I'll try and post your and Ed's anal-retentive way!

> Perry Butler [1] wrote:
> I think if you have something to say you should come out and say it.

You're intelligent enough to understand. Try to! Ed can't, but I
think you are able to.

> > Monkey Island is where you and Ed need to go or don't you get it! I
> > would like to talk about recumbents.

> They why are you making yourself look like an idiot by posting drivel?

You post drivel all the time. Especially the past few months.
What part of ARBR don't you understand?

snip...
> Mr. Butler is the one that needs to get a life if he has nothing better
> to do than act like a homophobe on Usenet.

I don't recall saying anything negative about being gay. Would you
please point where I was negative about same-sex orientation. Now
people in denial, that's another subject!

> Only a stupid person would try to determine a person's sexual
> orientation by analysis of Usenet posts (in the absence of overt
> admission of such preference).

Stupid? Great choice of words here! I figured you were repressed a
long time ago and many other on this group have figured this out too.
Sorry, one can have a good analysis from Usenet, especially after
reading your posts for the past five years.

> Get a clue Mr. Butler - not condemning homosexuality, as sinful behavior
> does not make on homosexual. Maybe you should consider moving to one of
> the eleven bigoted "red" states where they banned same-gender marriage
> if you are so afraid of homosexuals.

Where did I condem homosexuality, and I said nothing about banning
same sex marriage.

A little history:

In 1969 I left college for a weekend at home. Nothing was happening
at home so I went back to my college apartment. I rolled in and
immediately went to the bedroom I shared with my roomate. I found him
in bed with another man. I was shocked, but Greg and I talked things
over and we lived together for the rest of the year. It was an
interesting year. Greg felt better that I knew about his orientation,
and it didn't bother me. I learned!

Foreward to 1977.....A group of us were drinking wine, listening to
jazz, and eating dinner at a moving away party for Steve. Dave, a
friend of mine, had just moved back to Minnesota from San Francisco.
During dinner Dave looked at Steve and said, "How long have you known
you're gay?" I've never seen so much food spit at a table. Steve
was ****** and left. Everyone else, except me, was ****** at Dave for
thinking Steve was gay (I also was sure Steve was gay).

Foreward to 1988.....A friend of mine was getting married in Seattle.
Steve (the 1977 Steve) and Dan picked us up at the airport and
escorted us around Washington for the next week. Steve said it took
him a couple of years to finally come out. We laughed about that
dinner!

Foreward to 1996.....I asked my wife Terry if her friend Vicki was
gay. "Of course not!" Terry replied. "She just hasn't found anyone
yet."

Foreward to 2000.....Vicki introduces us to her partner Sue. They
both wonder if we would be there to support them when Vicki "came
out." We were.

Foreward to last Saturday night (how ironic!)....Vicki and Sue thank
us for being a reference so they can adopt a child.

On Saturday we also talked about comming out of the closet and what it
meant for them and their friends. They described how frustrated they
and others were until they finally acknowledged their orientation AND
came out. The people they described sounded very similar
to...............

> To judge by his recent postings, Mr. Butler has a lot more in common
> with Mr. Dolan than he would like to admit.

Oh, I know how much I have in common with Ed, but I don't have near as
much in common with Ed as you!
Neither you nor Ed truly understand Usenet and what it is for.
Neither you nor Ed understand what ARBR is for.
Both you and Ed disgust most people here.
Both you and Ed have driven many people away who want to discuss
recumbents.
Both you and Ed think all others have to do is turn on their filter.
Both you and Ed think all others have to do is ignore you.
Both you and Ed are in denial and display tendencies that you are

> I am perfectly willing to let the matter drop here, but if you want to
> annoy everyone else on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent with a "pissing
> contest" I can oblige.

I annoy 1/1000 as many as you Tom! Actually, from the private e-mail
I'm getting they are annoyed with you.

You are second only to Ed in "pissing" contests.

> [1] Note that I have corrected Mr. Butler's top posting.

Yes, we all know how anal-retentive you are!

Tom, I wonder why you are so frustrated that you have to take over
ARBR. Aren't you intelligent enough to move to a political Usenet
group or do they eat you alive? If you're going to answer any
question, at least completely answer this one!

You need to get a life!

Your choice, think about it!

Perry B

Perry B wrote:

>>Only a stupid person would try to determine a person's sexual
>>orientation by analysis of Usenet posts (in the absence of overt
>>admission of such preference).

> Stupid? Great choice of words here! I figured you were repressed a
> long time ago and many other on this group have figured this out too.
> Sorry, one can have a good analysis from Usenet, especially after
> reading your posts for the past five years.

Let us use an analogy. If Mr. Butler claimed I owned a Challenge Taifun,
I would deny it since it is false. I have nothing against the Challenge
Taifun - in my opinion it is the best looking recumbent bicycle and I
would be happy to own one. But the fact remains I do not own one.

The fact remains that Mr. Butler's hypothesis is wrong, and his posting
it is idiotic. Fortunately, he is not a psychologist, since he makes
such a gross error. [1]

>>Get a clue Mr. Butler - not condemning homosexuality, as sinful behavior
>>does not make on homosexual. Maybe you should consider moving to one of
>>the eleven bigoted "red" states where they banned same-gender marriage
>>if you are so afraid of homosexuals.

> Where did I condem homosexuality, and I said nothing about banning
> same sex marriage.
>
> A little history:
>
> In 1969 I left college for a weekend at home. Nothing was happening
> at home so I went back to my college apartment. I rolled in and
> immediately went to the bedroom I shared with my roomate. I found him
> in bed with another man. I was shocked, but Greg and I talked things
> over and we lived together for the rest of the year. It was an
> interesting year. Greg felt better that I knew about his orientation,
> and it didn't bother me. I learned!
>
> Foreward to 1977.....A group of us were drinking wine, listening to
> jazz, and eating dinner at a moving away party for Steve. Dave, a
> friend of mine, had just moved back to Minnesota from San Francisco.
> During dinner Dave looked at Steve and said, "How long have you known
> you're gay?" I've never seen so much food spit at a table. Steve
> was ****** and left. Everyone else, except me, was ****** at Dave for
> thinking Steve was gay (I also was sure Steve was gay).
>
> Foreward to 1988.....A friend of mine was getting married in Seattle.
> Steve (the 1977 Steve) and Dan picked us up at the airport and
> escorted us around Washington for the next week. Steve said it took
> him a couple of years to finally come out. We laughed about that
> dinner!
>
> Foreward to 1996.....I asked my wife Terry if her friend Vicki was
> gay. "Of course not!" Terry replied. "She just hasn't found anyone
> yet."
>
> Foreward to 2000.....Vicki introduces us to her partner Sue. They
> both wonder if we would be there to support them when Vicki "came
> out." We were.
>
> Foreward to last Saturday night (how ironic!)....Vicki and Sue thank
> us for being a reference so they can adopt a child.
>
> On Saturday we also talked about comming out of the closet and what it
> meant for them and their friends. They described how frustrated they
> and others were until they finally acknowledged their orientation AND
> came out. The people they described sounded very similar
> to...............

The point Mr. Butler is trying to make here is ridiculous. I hope for
his sake he is just being a troll like Mr. Dolan, and is not that stupid.

>>To judge by his recent postings, Mr. Butler has a lot more in common
>>with Mr. Dolan than he would like to admit.

> Oh, I know how much I have in common with Ed, but I don't have near as
> much in common with Ed as you!
> Neither you nor Ed truly understand Usenet and what it is for.
> Neither you nor Ed understand what ARBR is for.
> Both you and Ed disgust most people here.
> Both you and Ed have driven many people away who want to discuss
> recumbents.
> Both you and Ed think all others have to do is turn on their filter.
> Both you and Ed think all others have to do is ignore you.
> Both you and Ed are in denial and display tendencies that you are

While I have vehement disagreements over several fundamental issues with
Mr. Dolan, I would much rather sit down with him to have a conversation
than with someone who has nothing better to do than put out childish
allegations such as Mr. Butler.

>>I am perfectly willing to let the matter drop here, but if you want to
>>annoy everyone else on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent with a "pissing
>>contest" I can oblige.

> I annoy 1/1000 as many as you Tom! Actually, from the private e-mail
> I'm getting they are annoyed with you.
>
> You are second only to Ed in "pissing" contests.

But I am so talented at it.

If these people are so upset, why don't they say anything? Other than
Earl (who I can respect for publicly stating his opinion), I have only
received positive feedback.

And if Mr. Butler is not trying to start a flame war, why does he bring
false accusations of gender preference? Pot calling the kettle black,
indeed.

>>[1] Note that I have corrected Mr. Butler's top posting.

> Yes, we all know how anal-retentive you are!

Don't you know Freud's theories have been largely discredited?

> Tom, I wonder why you are so frustrated that you have to take over
> ARBR. Aren't you intelligent enough to move to a political Usenet
> group or do they eat you alive? If you're going to answer any
> question, at least completely answer this one!

I get plenty of right-wing opinion and policy pushed on me in real life.
I finally got fed up with seeing it here and decided to fire back.

Please post the instances where I instigated an off-topic flame war.

> You need to get a life!

Says the man who flings out false allegations!

[1] Of course, I find it easy to fool most trained psychologists.

--
Tom Sherman - Living among Idiots

> The pictures that you are referring to do not exist. They never have.
If you
> honestly believe what you say to be true, then by all means, post the link

and
> show that I have, at the very least, forgotten about one or more incidents

in
> which I had my picture taken surrounded by young girls, that I then posted

on
> the web, complete with text of my own creation describing the incident(s).
> But I don't believe that you'll post such a link. Does anyone?

I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with you
surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from what
you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.

~ Nanc
1999 Vision R44 USS
2003 Vision R45 USS
Louisiana

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:34:17 -0600 "Tom Sherman"
used 142 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

>Please post the instances where I instigated an off-topic flame war.

How about the thread titled "OT: Flame War"
[email protected]

--
-Graham

"What I have mostly against middle aged white liberals like you is that you do not know how to hate the proper
people." -Ed Dolan

Nanc wrote:
>> The pictures that you are referring to do not exist. They never have.

> If you
>
>>honestly believe what you say to be true, then by all means, post the link

> and
>
>>show that I have, at the very least, forgotten about one or more incidents

> in
>
>>which I had my picture taken surrounded by young girls, that I then posted

> on
>
>>the web, complete with text of my own creation describing the incident(s).
>> But I don't believe that you'll post such a link. Does anyone?

> I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
> Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
> women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with you
> surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from what
> you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.
>
> ~ Nanc
> 1999 Vision R44 USS
> 2003 Vision R45 USS
> Louisiana

Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The pictures do
not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it just did not happen.
But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of some sort of activities
involving "young girls half my age", followed by more name-calling and
accusations.
He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being surrounded by
young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me surrounded by young
girls.
So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny thing is,
the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he remembers, you
bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as I
said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for Bike
Florida 2005.
And I just gotta ask - why two Visions? Are they dissimilar enough to
warrant having two of them?

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nanc wrote:
>>> The pictures that you are referring to do not exist. They never have.

>> If you
>>
>>>honestly believe what you say to be true, then by all means, post the
>>>link

>> and
>>
>>>show that I have, at the very least, forgotten about one or more
>>>incidents

>> in
>>
>>>which I had my picture taken surrounded by young girls, that I then
>>>posted

>> on
>>
>>>the web, complete with text of my own creation describing the
>>>incident(s).
>>> But I don't believe that you'll post such a link. Does anyone?

>> I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
>> Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
>> women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with
>> you
>> surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from
>> what
>> you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.
>>
>> ~ Nanc
>> 1999 Vision R44 USS
>> 2003 Vision R45 USS
>> Louisiana
>>

> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
> being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The pictures
> do not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it just did not
> happen. But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of some sort of
> activities involving "young girls half my age", followed by more
> name-calling and accusations.
> He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being surrounded
> by young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me surrounded
> by young girls.
> So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny thing
> is, the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he
> remembers, you bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as
> I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
> attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for
> Bike Florida 2005.
> And I just gotta ask - why two Visions? Are they dissimilar enough to
> warrant having two of them?
>
> --
> Larry Varney
> Cold Spring, KY
> http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

I remember that article now. I think it was a ride in Georgia where you
characterized southern men as smirking morons.

You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you were only referring to the white
ones. You wouldn't refer to black southern males as smirking morons would
you?

G. Morgan wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:34:17 -0600 "Tom Sherman"
> used 142 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
>

>>Please post the instances where I instigated an off-topic flame war.

> How about the thread titled "OT: Flame War"

Provide the link. The recent thread "Re: OT Flame War" was started by
"Group Moderator".

I may have renamed one or more threads "OT Flame War", but those had
already gone off-topic in other people's postings.

And I did not come to this newsgroup just to bash a commercial
competitor, unlike several whom migrated over from the security system
newsgroups just to flame Robert Bass and/or Mark Leuck.

--
Tom Sherman

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nanc wrote:
>>> The pictures that you are referring to do not exist. They never have.

>> If you
>>
>>>honestly believe what you say to be true, then by all means, post the
>>>link

>> and
>>
>>>show that I have, at the very least, forgotten about one or more
>>>incidents

>> in
>>
>>>which I had my picture taken surrounded by young girls, that I then
>>>posted

>> on
>>
>>>the web, complete with text of my own creation describing the
>>>incident(s).
>>> But I don't believe that you'll post such a link. Does anyone?

>> I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
>> Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
>> women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with
>> you
>> surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from
>> what
>> you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.
>>
>> ~ Nanc
>> 1999 Vision R44 USS
>> 2003 Vision R45 USS
>> Louisiana
>>

> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
> being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The pictures
> do not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it just did not
> happen. But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of some sort of
> activities involving "young girls half my age", followed by more
> name-calling and accusations.
> He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being surrounded
> by young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me surrounded
> by young girls.
> So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny thing
> is, the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he
> remembers, you bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as
> I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
> attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for
> Bike Florida 2005.

I saw several pictures of an old demented looking evil Santa Claus (that's
you) in the company of sweet virgin girls who looked like angels and then I
read some comments of yours elsewhere about what you think of such
creatures. I do not need text to go with pictures.I can put two and two
together and draw some conclusions about your character rather easily. So
can everyone else here.

If you had the brains you were born with, you would just have admitted that
you are a crazy old coot and that you like to look at young girls. And then
you would ask ... who doesn't? But I have got you so flustered you don't
know whether you are coming or going. If you had a sense of humor you would
have known how to handle this, but like all liberals, you have no sense of
humor and you take yourself seriously. Many thanks Varney for the good
laugh! Now I know who I can always go to in order to lighten my mood for the
day.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Humorist - Minnesota

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
>> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
>> being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The
>> pictures do not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it
>> just did not happen. But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of
>> some sort of activities involving "young girls half my age", followed by
>> more name-calling and accusations.
>> He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being
>> surrounded by young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me
>> surrounded by young girls.
>> So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny
>> thing is, the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he
>> remembers, you bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
>> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just
>> as I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are
>> plenty of attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already
>> signed up for Bike Florida 2005.

> I remember that article now. I think it was a ride in Georgia where you
> characterized southern men as smirking morons.
>
> You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you were only referring to the white
> ones. You wouldn't refer to black southern males as smirking morons would
> you?

No way Skip! Then he would be a racist and a bigot, the one thing he would
rather die than admit to. Political correctness is everything in the mind of
a liberal. Those Kentucky hill-billies are known world wide for their
tolerance and acceptance of diversity. They thrive on differences, unlike
everyone else in the known universe. It is one thing to disparage your own
kind (America haters and self haters are one and the same - all liberals),
but God help you if you ever say anything against others who are not like
you, most especially if they have a black skin.

I once did Bike Florida several years ago. It is a good ride and not too
strenuous. However, now that I know Varney is doing that ride, I shall stay
as far away from it as I can get.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Perry B wrote:

[...]
> The point Mr. Butler is trying to make here is ridiculous. I hope for his
> sake he is just being a troll like Mr. Dolan, and is not that stupid.

We are all of us stupid in our own individual ways, even Mr. Sherman. But
Perry Butler is in a class of his own. He lacks perspective and has
absolutely no sense of humor. The very worst thing he does though is that he
takes himself dead serious. His long boring story about his **** friends is
just too ridiculous for comment. A Minnesota rube is almost as dumb as a
Kentucky rube.

>>>To judge by his recent postings, Mr. Butler has a lot more in common with
>>>Mr. Dolan than he would like to admit.

>> Oh, I know how much I have in common with Ed, but I don't have near as
>> much in common with Ed as you!
>> Neither you nor Ed truly understand Usenet and what it is for.

Just what the hell is Usenet for?

>> Neither you nor Ed understand what ARBR is for.

Just what the hell is ARBR for?

>> Both you and Ed disgust most people here.

All men are disgusting. Have you seen a picture of Larry Varney?

>> Both you and Ed have driven many people away who want to discuss
>> recumbents.

It is impossible to drive anyone away from ARBR. If it were, you would be
long gone from here by now.

>> Both you and Ed think all others have to do is turn on their filter.

I do not have the faintest idea what a filter even is. I take on one and
all, even fools like Perry Butler.

>> Both you and Ed think all others have to do is ignore you.

I have been ignoring most people on this earth all of my life. What is the
problem?

>> Both you and Ed are in denial and display tendencies that you are

I have never denied for one moment that Perry Butler is a ****ing idiot.
Hells Bells! He is the one with all the friends and roommates who turned out
to be homos. Why were these types hanging around him in the first place I
wonder? Anyone else wonder about this besides me?

> While I have vehement disagreements over several fundamental issues with
> Mr. Dolan, I would much rather sit down with him to have a conversation
> than with someone who has nothing better to do than put out childish
> allegations such as Mr. Butler.
>
>>>I am perfectly willing to let the matter drop here, but if you want to
>>>annoy everyone else on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent with a "pissing
>>>contest" I can oblige.

>> I annoy 1/1000 as many as you Tom! Actually, from the private e-mail
>> I'm getting they are annoyed with you.
>>
>> You are second only to Ed in "pissing" contests.

> But I am so talented at it.

Perry Butler is right about me. There is no one on this group who can ****
further than me. Unfortunately, in real life, my enlarged prostate seems to
have permanently screwed up my bladder, so my pissing in reality can't
compare to my pissing on this newsgroup.

> If these people are so upset, why don't they say anything? Other than Earl
> (who I can respect for publicly stating his opinion), I have only received
> positive feedback.

Tom, do you think anyone in this world is sending e-mails to Perry Butler?
He makes up things like this all the time because he wants everyone here to
think he is an OK guy, but we both know now (along with everyone else on the
group) that he is what he is - a jerk!

> And if Mr. Butler is not trying to start a flame war, why does he bring
> false accusations of gender preference? Pot calling the kettle black,
> indeed.
>
>>>[1] Note that I have corrected Mr. Butler's top posting.

>> Yes, we all know how anal-retentive you are!

> Don't you know Freud's theories have been largely discredited?

Anal-retentive is one of his favorite word formulas. The other is ... get a
clue. Like he ever had one in his life!

>> Tom, I wonder why you are so frustrated that you have to take over
>> ARBR. Aren't you intelligent enough to move to a political Usenet
>> group or do they eat you alive? If you're going to answer any
>> question, at least completely answer this one!

> I get plenty of right-wing opinion and policy pushed on me in real life. I
> finally got fed up with seeing it here and decided to fire back.

My exact same answer too except coming from the opposite direction. Mr.
Sherman should have gone into the groves of academe where everyone there is
a liberal and all they ever read is the g.d. New York Times.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Grand Inquisitor - Minnesota

See ya there. And I'll stay near-by, just to rest my eyes .... on some
machinery!

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in part in message
news:[email protected]...

skip wrote:
> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>>If you

>>>and

>>>in

>>>on

>>>I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
>>>Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
>>>women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with
>>>you
>>>surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from
>>>what
>>>you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.
>>>
>>>~ Nanc
>>>1999 Vision R44 USS
>>>2003 Vision R45 USS
>>>Louisiana
>>>

>> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
>>being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The pictures
>>do not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it just did not
>>happen. But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of some sort of
>>activities involving "young girls half my age", followed by more
>>name-calling and accusations.
>> He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being surrounded
>>by young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me surrounded
>>by young girls.
>> So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny thing
>>is, the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he
>>remembers, you bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
>> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as
>>I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
>>attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for
>>Bike Florida 2005.
>> And I just gotta ask - why two Visions? Are they dissimilar enough to
>>warrant having two of them?
>>
>>--
>>Larry Varney
>>Cold Spring, KY
>>http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney
>>

> I remember that article now. I think it was a ride in Georgia where you
> characterized southern men as smirking morons.
>
> You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you were only referring to the white
> ones. You wouldn't refer to black southern males as smirking morons would
> you?

Actually, if that's what you remember, it's not what I wrote. I don't recall
ever participating in a ride in Georgia. Sure, the Florida Bicycle Safari does
have a loop one day that takes in a small portion of southern Georgia - up
around Quitman. But I did not characterize southern men, white, black, or any
other color, as smirking morons, not in that article nor any other.
Maybe it was the article where there were pictures showing me surrounded by
young girls?

--

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>>If you

>>>and

>>>in

>>>on

>>>I imagine Ed is referring to the Bike Florida 2004 article you wrote for
>>>Bentrider Online. As I recall, you mentioned admiring some southern
>>>women... even being smitten. But I don't remember a group picture with
>>>you
>>>surrounded by a group of women. I'm just assuming Ed made a leap from
>>>what
>>>you wrote in the article to what he is stating in ARBR.
>>>
>>>~ Nanc
>>>1999 Vision R44 USS
>>>2003 Vision R45 USS
>>>Louisiana
>>>

>> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
>>being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls. The pictures
>>do not exist. And, alas, being surrounded by young girls - it just did not
>>happen. But that doesn't stop Ed Dolan from accusing me of some sort of
>>activities involving "young girls half my age", followed by more
>>name-calling and accusations.
>> He reads a column in which I did not say anything about being surrounded
>>by young girls, a column in which there were no pictures of me surrounded
>>by young girls.
>> So, it's easy to figure out why he made such a leap. And the funny thing
>>is, the picture that *he* didn't come up with, but it's the one he
>>remembers, you bet, wasn't even from the Bike Florida column.
>> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as
>>I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
>>attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for
>>Bike Florida 2005.

> I saw several pictures of an old demented looking evil Santa Claus (that's
> you) in the company of sweet virgin girls who looked like angels and then I
> read some comments of yours elsewhere about what you think of such
> creatures. I do not need text to go with pictures.I can put two and two
> together and draw some conclusions about your character rather easily. So
> can everyone else here.

You put two and two together, Dolan, and come up with five. You do not need
actual evidence to support anything you say - and then you don't support what
you say, anyway! You can claim that you've seen whatever you want, but the
truth is that they don't exist. Period. And of course you don't need text to go
with those pictures.

> If you had the brains you were born with, you would just have admitted that
> you are a crazy old coot and that you like to look at young girls. And then
> you would ask ... who doesn't? But I have got you so flustered you don't
> know whether you are coming or going. If you had a sense of humor you would
> have known how to handle this, but like all liberals, you have no sense of
> humor and you take yourself seriously. Many thanks Varney for the good
> laugh! Now I know who I can always go to in order to lighten my mood for the
> day.

Flustered? Nope. It's you that continues to throw dust in the air, make wild
accusations, engage in character assassination and hurl vulgarities like a
mentally deficient five-year-old caught in a lie. All I've done is point out
that yes, once again, Dolan is a vulgar, crude, pathetic liar. If this
lightens your mood, perhaps you do need to seek professional help.

--

Doug Huffman wrote:
> See ya there. And I'll stay near-by, just to rest my eyes .... on some
> machinery!
>

> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in part in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just as
>>I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are plenty of
>>attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already signed up for
>>Bike Florida 2005.

Probably a good idea, or risk the wrath of the stoker!

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

This newgroup along with the HPV list and the Bacchetta list are the most important cycling information hubs in the world. Great entertainment reading the posts on these sites to find out what is happening with all the Fat Old Geezers that ride very slow recumbents.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom

Joe Keenan said:
I'm curious why folks stay with this newsgroup given that any thread
is immediately subject to contamination. (I'm being kind) Yup, I'm a
"usta be" and just stopped in to see if things had changed in a few
months.

Slow Joe Recumbo

Rule Number One: The stoker never errs. Rule Number Two: The stoker is
always right. Rule Number Three: When in doubt, see Rule Number One. If
you get to Rule Number Four: All disagreements are due to the Captain's
poor communication.

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Doug Huffman wrote:
>> See ya there. And I'll stay near-by, just to rest my eyes .... on some
>> machinery!
>>

>> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in part in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> But I will admit, again, that I am attracted to southern women - just
>>> as I said in the column. But not exclusively, of course - there are
>>> plenty of attractive women from outside the south. But I'm already
>>> signed up for Bike Florida 2005.

> Probably a good idea, or risk the wrath of the stoker!
>
> --
> Larry Varney
> Cold Spring, KY
> http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> skip wrote:
>> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> I remember that article now. I think it was a ride in Georgia where you
>> characterized southern men as smirking morons.
>>
>> You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you were only referring to the white
>> ones. You wouldn't refer to black southern males as smirking morons
>> would you?

> Actually, if that's what you remember, it's not what I wrote. I don't
> recall ever participating in a ride in Georgia. Sure, the Florida Bicycle
> Safari does have a loop one day that takes in a small portion of southern
> Georgia - up around Quitman. But I did not characterize southern men,
> white, black, or any other color, as smirking morons, not in that article
> nor any other.
> Maybe it was the article where there were pictures showing me surrounded
> by young girls?
>
> --
> Larry Varney

I Googled "smirking moron" and Larry Varney was the third one to appear.
Here's the smirking moron passage I was remembering:

"Maybe there are some readers out there who feel just the
opposite, some women who, when hearing a southern man talking, think of
coming-out parties and carriage rides with some beau - and don't hear some
smirking moron saying "Golluholluhollee!"

This type of liberal elitist characterization of southern men isn't a
problem with the politically correct police - as long as you aren't
referring to southern males with black skin - so you will probably want to
include that little disclaimer, just to be on the safe side, as you write
these kinds of things in the future.

Anyway it's water under the bridge - think nothing more of it.

> Yes, but it's an unwarranted leap - from discussing attractive women to
> being accused of being in pictures surrounded by young girls.

I totally agree with you. Ed has been in my kill file for a long time. The
only reason I saw any of his accusations were because you and a few other
replied. I do wish you wouldn't engage Ed in conversation because he
doesn't have anything worthwhile to contribute here. Despite your posts in
response to Ed, you will never end up in my kill file because the vast
majority of your posts are on topic, interesting, and helpful.

> And I just gotta ask - why two Visions? Are they dissimilar enough to
> warrant having two of them?

They are very similar.. although the 2003 has an M5 seat and a 20 inch front
tire compared to the 16 inch tire on my 1999. Originally, the 1999 was my
road bike and I subsequently purchased a 2001 RANS Vivo for camping and
riding on unpaved paths and such. But OSS just didn't agree with me, so I
bought a new Vision (with better components) for my road bike, and have my
1999 set up with wider tires and I use it as my "camping" bike. It works
out better for me than the Vivo did.

I believe you passed me as we approached Stevens Point on GRABAAWR one
year... maybe 2000? You would have been riding a Bike Friday Sat-R-Day at
that time... green, as I remember it.

~ Nanc
1999 Vision R44 USS
2003 Vision R45 USS
Louisiana

skip wrote:
> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>skip wrote:
>>
>>>"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>

>>>I remember that article now. I think it was a ride in Georgia where you
>>>characterized southern men as smirking morons.
>>>
>>>You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you were only referring to the white
>>>ones. You wouldn't refer to black southern males as smirking morons
>>>would you?

>> Actually, if that's what you remember, it's not what I wrote. I don't
>>recall ever participating in a ride in Georgia. Sure, the Florida Bicycle
>>Safari does have a loop one day that takes in a small portion of southern
>>Georgia - up around Quitman. But I did not characterize southern men,
>>white, black, or any other color, as smirking morons, not in that article
>>nor any other.
>> Maybe it was the article where there were pictures showing me surrounded
>>by young girls?
>>
>>--
>>Larry Varney

> I Googled "smirking moron" and Larry Varney was the third one to appear.
> Here's the smirking moron passage I was remembering:
>
> "Maybe there are some readers out there who feel just the
> opposite, some women who, when hearing a southern man talking, think of
> coming-out parties and carriage rides with some beau - and don't hear some
> smirking moron saying "Golluholluhollee!"
>

> This type of liberal elitist characterization of southern men isn't a
> problem with the politically correct police - as long as you aren't
> referring to southern males with black skin - so you will probably want to
> include that little disclaimer, just to be on the safe side, as you write
> these kinds of things in the future.
>

> Anyway it's water under the bridge - think nothing more of it.

Actually - and I'd have to go back and pull up the whole column to provide
the exact words - but I was referring to Gomer Pyle, and how *he* is the
"smirking moron", and how the accent of a southern male reminds me of him. I
was not making the statement that I felt that southern men were "smirking
morons", just that their voice reminded me of one - Gomer Pyle.
But I can see where you would make that inference. It was not intended,
though. I've known too many southern men, accents and all, who are far from
being morons, smirking or otherwise.