curious

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anglea Woollcom, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. I was wondering if any one could tell me what my points would be if I was to do flex and if you
    could give me the break down of how it works. I am eating between 18 and 23 points right now. and I
    weight 125lbs. was thinking of trying it to spice things up a little. any info would be grateful
    thanks in advanced angie

    Tags:

  2. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Basically at your weight you get 20 points as your Points Target each day. Then you get 35 points
    per week to use (or not use) as you see fit.

    The other difference between Winning points and FlexPlan is that Activity points earned must be used
    on the day that you earn them. Not much different than the WP plan just a different way of allotting
    your points.

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was wondering if any one could tell me what my points would be if I was
    > do flex and if you could give me the break down of how it works. I am
    eating
    > between 18 and 23 points right now. and I weight 125lbs. was thinking of trying it to spice things
    > up a little. any info would be grateful thanks in advanced angie

  3. what if we don't count activity points does it matter then.
    thanks for your help angie
    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Basically at your weight you get 20 points as your Points Target each day. Then you get 35 points
    > per week to use (or not use) as you see fit.
    >
    > The other difference between Winning points and FlexPlan is that Activity points earned must be
    > used on the day that you earn them. Not much
    different
    > than the WP plan just a different way of allotting your points.
    >
    > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was wondering if any one could tell me what my points would be if I
    was
    > > do flex and if you could give me the break down of how it works. I am
    > eating
    > > between 18 and 23 points right now. and I weight 125lbs. was thinking of trying it to spice
    > > things up a little. any info would be grateful thanks in advanced angie

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Also, no banking of food points - ever. If you don't eat all 20 per day, you lose them. In
    actuallity, the flex point system allows for eating 14 MORE points per week than the old Winning
    Points program. For example ... on winning points your range is 18-23 points per day, or equivalent
    to 126-161 points per week. The flex point system allows you 20 points per day for your weight,
    which is 140 points ... add the 35 flex points for a weekly allowed total of 175 points. You DON'T
    have to eat your flex points, but they are there if you want or need them. Activity points are
    additional allowed points on each program, and as Laura already stated ... either use 'em or lose
    'em in the flex point system - no banking AT ALL!

    Joyce

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:09:36 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Basically at your weight you get 20 points as your Points Target each day. Then you get 35 points
    >per week to use (or not use) as you see fit.
    >
    >The other difference between Winning points and FlexPlan is that Activity points earned must be
    >used on the day that you earn them. Not much different than the WP plan just a different way of
    >allotting your points.
    >
    >"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I was wondering if any one could tell me what my points would be if I was
    >> do flex and if you could give me the break down of how it works. I am
    >eating
    >> between 18 and 23 points right now. and I weight 125lbs. was thinking of trying it to spice
    >> things up a little. any info would be grateful thanks in advanced angie

  5. thank you so much for the info, i think for my first week i will do the Wendie Plan and then if
    things go okay I will try the flex plan. I usually don't use my banked points anyway or I try not to
    . Any more info would be greatful. also i don't count my exercise points either. i am doing this on
    my own so i need all the help i can get.

    angie
    152.5/135/130/125/116???? final goal weight to be reached may 28 2004 "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > Also, no banking of food points - ever. If you don't eat all 20 per day,
    you lose
    > them. In actuallity, the flex point system allows for eating 14 MORE
    points per
    > week than the old Winning Points program. For example ... on winning
    points your
    > range is 18-23 points per day, or equivalent to 126-161 points per week.
    The flex
    > point system allows you 20 points per day for your weight, which is 140
    points ...
    > add the 35 flex points for a weekly allowed total of 175 points. You
    DON'T have
    > to eat your flex points, but they are there if you want or need them.
    Activity
    > points are additional allowed points on each program, and as Laura already
    stated
    > ... either use 'em or lose 'em in the flex point system - no banking AT
    ALL!

    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:09:36 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Basically at your weight you get 20 points as your Points Target each
    day.
    > >Then you get 35 points per week to use (or not use) as you see fit.
    > >
    > >The other difference between Winning points and FlexPlan is that Activity points earned must be
    > >used on the day that you earn them. Not much
    different
    > >than the WP plan just a different way of allotting your points.
    > >
    > >"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> I was wondering if any one could tell me what my points would be if I
    was
    > >> do flex and if you could give me the break down of how it works. I am
    > >eating
    > >> between 18 and 23 points right now. and I weight 125lbs. was thinking
    of
    > >> trying it to spice things up a little. any info would be grateful thanks in advanced angie

  6. Mette

    Mette Guest

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > You DON'T have to eat your flex points, but they are there if you want or need them.
    Activity
    > points are additional allowed points on each program, and as Laura already
    stated
    > ... either use 'em or lose 'em in the flex point system - no banking AT
    ALL!

    But in a way you are banking anyway. You have 35 points extra in the bank to begin with so to speak,
    which you can use or not use. Just like the ekstra banked points on previous programs.

    On WP I would eat maybe 20 points a day, bank 5 pts. By Saturday I would have banked 25 points for a
    really good meal.

    On Flex I would eat 20 points a day On saturday I would eat my 35 points....

    10 points more ~ 500 kcal....

    I can't imagine that this would be helpful for a person who wants to lose more than 3 oz a
    week...like I do currently...

    /Mette - who has to eat extremely low amounts of food in order to lose just an oz.... (Low
    metabolism due to low weight and short stature).

  7. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Here is the pdf containing the menus for the Fast Track program:
    Try this link. WW has put a copy in adobe file and has it on their web site
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/downloads/1033/Util/art/EatingGuide.pdf

    Here you only get 20 points a day. No Flex and no Activity points. You could do the FT or use their
    menus + Flex points but it shows you a good basis for healthy 20 point eating. Carefully following
    this plan for 2 week could jump start your last 10 lb.

    Good luck.

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > thank you so much for the info, i think for my first week i will do the Wendie Plan and then if
    > things go okay I will try the flex plan. I usually don't use my banked points anyway or I try not
    > to . Any more info would be greatful. also i don't count my exercise points either. i am doing
    > this on my own so i need all the help i can get.
    >
    > angie
    > 152.5/135/130/125/116???? final goal weight to be reached may 28 2004 "Joyce" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Also, no banking of food points - ever. If you don't eat all 20 per
    day,
    > you lose
    > > them. In actuallity, the flex point system allows for eating 14 MORE
    > points per
    > > week than the old Winning Points program. For example ... on winning
    > points your
    > > range is 18-23 points per day, or equivalent to 126-161 points per week.
    > The flex
    > > point system allows you 20 points per day for your weight, which is 140
    > points ...
    > > add the 35 flex points for a weekly allowed total of 175 points. You
    > DON'T have
    > > to eat your flex points, but they are there if you want or need them.
    > Activity
    > > points are additional allowed points on each program, and as Laura
    already
    > stated
    > > ... either use 'em or lose 'em in the flex point system - no banking AT
    > ALL!
    > >
    > > Joyce
    > >
    > > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:09:36 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > > >Basically at your weight you get 20 points as your Points Target each
    > day.
    > > >Then you get 35 points per week to use (or not use) as you see fit.
    > > >
    > > >The other difference between Winning points and FlexPlan is that
    Activity
    > > >points earned must be used on the day that you earn them. Not much
    > different
    > > >than the WP plan just a different way of allotting your points.
    > > >
    > > >"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > >news:[email protected]...
    > was
    > > >eating
    > of

  8. I am also very short and had a low metabolism but once I started eating it
    has picked up and as long as I eat I lose but if I cut back I do not lose
    and even gain
    news:[email protected]...