Currie E-Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nyrides, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Nyrides

    Nyrides Guest

    I saw two of these strapped to the back of a car the other night. 'Looked interesting and not so
    cumbersome. My first thought was that it seems like a great idea for making it possible to bring my
    wife along on longer, hillier trips,

    Has anybody had any experience with these? At $599, it seems like a much more reasonable option than
    many other electric bikes.

    --
    Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Tags:

  2. Jobst Brandt

    Jobst Brandt Guest

    anonymous writes:

    > I saw two of these strapped to the back of a car the other night. 'Looked interesting and not so
    > cumbersome. My first thought was that it seems like a great idea for making it possible to bring
    > my wife along on longer, hillier trips.

    E-vehicles are notoriously bad for climbing hills so that would not be a good plan unless you can
    recharge underway.

    > Has anybody had any experience with these? At $599, it seems like a much more reasonable option
    > than many other electric bikes.

    I think there is also less there for that price. There ain't no free lunch. Besides, these devices
    are more motor cycles and scooters than bicycles in the sense of this forum.