Custom Bike Decals!

violto

Jan 23, 2006
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share my latest creation with the rest of the group. I've made two custom decals using nothing but some adhesive clear contact, a laser printer and about 30 mins of my Saturday morning.

Each decal costs exactly $0.00001 and is easy as pie to make. I rekon they'd look even better on a colour laser too! I was worried the plastic would melt on the drum but it came through unscathed abeit a little more flexible for a short while :p. I'm not sure how weather proof they are but i've placed another layer over the print and if that doesn't work, i've got some clear nail polish to try.

Cheers,

Timbob

btw, images taken from the campy www and from the bianchi USA shop. dunno if they are copyrighted or not?

Thats awesome!! I've been thinking about what to do for some frame protection for cable rub and now I think I'm set with ideas.

--brett

Yer, actually, i was thinking of using the clear contact for cable rub too - the plastic protectors that came with the bike have long gone and i replaced them with some shitty magic tape - looks really crappy and i'm getting wear marks after only a few weeks.

Clear contact is thicker and wears heaps better than tape.

when i had my 853 resprayed my lbs had an 853 sticker made up. it was identical to an original 853 sticker but around the border it had "custom made for pete savage by cecil walker" at least if the bike was ever nicked i knew where to look to see if it was mine!!