Custom Carbon Frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Iand, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Iand

    Iand Guest

    I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this ->
    http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find any info on Deda's
    website about this stuff though. I placed an email to LBS for all the normal
    info -> warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after build... Whaddya
    peeps think ?

    IanD in SanDiego

    Tags:

  2. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    Yellow Jersey and Deda are both reputable.
    I think your questions need satisfactory answers.
    Do you need the custom sizing?
    Have you calculated the total price and compared it to other complete bicycles?

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    IanD wrote:

    > I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this ->
    > http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find any info on Deda's
    > website about this stuff though. I placed an email to LBS for all the normal
    > info -> warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after build... Whaddya
    > peeps think ?

    Yes I wrote you already.

    We don't know everything about the limits yet. We have some lattitude in design
    with the Deda system, although not nearly as broad as a steel frame.

    For a specific top tube length on a medium size frame it's a good choice.

    I have declined to build some requests because we couldn't manage the geometry
    given the frame components.

  4. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > IanD wrote:
    >
    > > I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this ->
    > > http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not
    > > find any info on Deda's website about this stuff though.
    > > I placed an email to LBS for all the normal info ->
    > > warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after
    > > build... Whaddya peeps think ?
    >
    > Yes I wrote you already.
    >
    > We don't know everything about the limits yet. We have
    > some lattitude in design with the Deda system, although
    > not nearly as broad as a steel frame.
    >
    > For a specific top tube length on a medium size frame it's
    > a good choice.
    >
    > I have declined to build some requests because we couldn't
    > manage the geometry given the frame components.
    > --
    > Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
    > April, 1971

    If I were you, I'd also check out www.pedalforce.com. For
    the price, I'd buy one myself if I needed another bike (wait
    a minute, when did NEED ever have anything to do with it ;>
    but I digress). For $600 bucks for a monocoque carbon frame
    with a 5 yr warranty, it's pretty hard to beat. And I am NOT
    affiliated in any way. I just found them a few years ago
    when I was looking for a carbon seatpost.

    Cat

  5. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Guru also makes a custom carbon bike. Check them out at
    www.gurubikes.com

    Jon

    IanD wrote:
    > I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this ->
    > http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find
    > any info on Deda's website about this stuff though. I
    > placed an email to LBS for all the normal info ->
    > warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after
    > build... Whaddya peeps think ?
    >

    > IanD in SanDiego

  6. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "IanD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this ->
    > http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find
    > any info on Deda's website about this stuff though. I
    > placed an email to LBS for all the normal info ->
    > warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after
    > build... Whaddya peeps think ?

    For *true* custom carbon fiber frames, made in the USA,
    check out either Calfee: http://www.calfeedesign.com

    or Parlee: http://www.parleecycles.com/

    Neither are cheap, but both offer fantastic frames and if
    there's a problem, warranty is not an issue....