custom frame

Joe

Guest
What is considered a reasonable amount of time to wait for a frame to be made. The builder will be
local,within 1hr. away. Is 4 mo. too long or status quo. Thanks

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What is considered a reasonable amount of time to wait for a frame to be made. The builder will be
> local,within 1hr. away. Is 4 mo. too long or status quo. Thanks

I think 4 months is a BIT longish, but not unheard of. If it's a good builder and he's close, it may
be worth the wait. I think 4-6 weeks is pretty standard, but you have to remember, this is a one-man
shop usually and it's not a production line. It's more of a craftsmanship thing. If things get busy
he just doesn't hire more welders.

Cheers,

Scott..

Max-<< What is considered a reasonable amount of time to wait for a frame to be made. The builder
will be local,within 1hr. away. Is 4 mo. too long or status quo.

There is no 'status quo' for a custom frameset. Mark Nobilette(our custom buiulder) delivers in
about 6-8 weeks...

RE/
>What is considered a reasonable amount of time to wait for a frame to be made. The builder will be
>local,within 1hr. away. Is 4 mo. too long or status quo.

I think it depends a lot on the individual situation.

Some of these guys are living hand-to-mouth. In cases like that if your frame is on the list of
things to do tomorrow when a more remunerative project comes up I'd expect it to sink downwards on
the list.... Sort of like the guy you hired to install new storm windows when some bigtime
contractor needs men....your windows will wait.

OTOH, some guy that's got his stuff together and has a fairly steady output I'd expect to be more
predictable.
PeteCresswell

Is 4 mos too long for a custom frame? If it's a GOOD frame, that's quite short, actually. Many top
builders have waits that stretch well beyond a year, and for good reason. Quality is excellent and
good things are worth waiting for.