Custom Frames

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Mick, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good builder. Cecil Walker seems to have deent prices , has anyone bought a
    frame or got any info on them.

    Tags:

  2. Colnagodream

    Colnagodream Guest

    Try Kerry Hopkins at ABC cycles in Liverpool I have had 4 frames built by him and they have all been
    of an excellent standard from Gara to 853

    "Mick" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone recommend a good builder. Cecil Walker seems to have deent
    prices
    > , has anyone bought a frame or got any info on them.

  3. Ben Elliston

    Ben Elliston Guest

    "Mick" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Can anyone recommend a good builder. Cecil Walker seems to have deent prices , has anyone bought a
    > frame or got any info on them.

    I can recommend Paul Hillbrick <http://www.hillbrick.com.au>.

    Cheers, Ben

  4. Malvern_star

    Malvern_star New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2002
    Kerry Hopkins and Paul Hillbrick build excellent frames.

    I currently ride a hillbrick frame , and used to have a Kerry Hopkins until it had a biffo with a station wagon on a training ride.

  5. Malvern_star

    Malvern_star New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2002
    URL for Kerry Hopkins: www.abcbikes.com.au

    cheers

  6. vitali57

    vitali57 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
  7. Glenn Ryan

    Glenn Ryan Guest

    "vitali57" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Llewellyn frames by Darrell McCulloch in Brisbane.
    >
    > I have 2 now and folks reckon they **** on any other locally built frames
    >
    > http://www.llewellynbikes.com/main.htm

    Agreed, my Llewellyn is coming up on two years old and I still get people asking if it's new, paint
    job is fantastic but the effort Darrell put into making the frame, and the build of the bike, was as
    impressive as the finished product. He put in quite a bit of time ensuring that the bike turned out
    like we had initially agreed upon, the Columbus Max fork blades he sourced from England, the 36 hole
    hubs and rims from Italy because they wern't available locally. The initial paint job wasn't to our
    satisfaction so back it went to be resprayed. If you're after a locally built custom frame with
    attention to detail, you should consider Llewellyn.

    A satisfied Llewellyn Customer.