Custom Habanero : Beer'Cross

Andrew Thorne wrote:
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/CX/rolling_chassis.jpg
> Looking good.

It's getting there. I may end up taing this black seatpost some kind soul donated to the cause and
swaping it out for my wife's Thomson.

>Say.... How many spokes do those wheels have....

32 front 36 rear. Hugi elite disc hubs, DT-Swiss Apline-III spokes,
laced 3x into Velocity Deep-V rims (powder coated, not annodized ;-)

Andrew Thorne wrote:
> I'm forgetting, weren't you the one who sat down for an evening's entertainment with a truing
> stand, a fistful of spokes, a 36 hole hub, and 32 hole rim?

Yes indeed, that was me. that is wehat happens when you buy your hub 6 months before you order the
spokes and rims, now I have an "extra" velocity Deep-V, 32 hole rim. If I can score a decent 32 hole
front Hugi disc hub I may build up a spare, just in case.

> Can't wait to see that beast built up.

I feel the same way! Orderd my Thomson stem last week, should be here this week, sometime. Then I
can get my dirt-drop bar, bar-cons and brake levers installed and wrap the bars in tape.

> If you get too sick of mud season, bring that baby south. Oak Mountain on a cross bike is insanely
> good fun.

Well I still need (compact) chain-rings and a 8 speed cassette and a saddle. So it may be quite a
while before this thing sees any use.

> Cheers,

Salute'

--
JohnG

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>Just a little tease until I get the rest of the pictures downloaded
> >>
> >>It has the road tires on it right now for building purposes:
> >>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/CX/rolling_chassis.jpg
> >>

> >>Of course the most important feature of the bike:
> >>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/CX/beertool.jpg
> >

> > Huh? Is that a road bike?
>
> Perish the thought! I know it LOOKS like one with those slicks on it, but it realy is a CycloCross
> bike. Once the knobbies and dirt drop bar go on it'll be all okay.

A 'dirt drop' bar? I think you mean a beefed up roadie bar. What kind of 'knobbies' are we talking
about? Those wee-bitty cyclocross blocks? Why bother? John, methinks thou dost protest too much. A
bottle opener on the chainstay dost not a cyclocross bike make. See you on the road. And, oh yes,
some manufacturers are starting to put disc tabs on their roadie frames. I saw the pic online a
couple days ago, I'll track it down. An swoopy italian frame, no less. I'm not much of one for road
bikes with dropped top tubes (which, btw, leads you further away from your CX claim by making it
hard to shoulder), but to each his own. /s dost play the roadie!

supabonbon wrote:

> A 'dirt drop' bar? I think you mean a beefed up roadie bar.

pretty muck, but also flared out like a moustace' bar

> What kind of 'knobbies' are we talking about? Those wee-bitty cyclocross blocks?

yes

> John, methinks thou dost protest too much. A bottle opener on the chainstay dost not a cyclocross
> bike make. See you on the road.

you bring the beer.

> And, oh yes, some manufacturers are starting to put disc tabs on their roadie frames. I saw the
> pic online a couple days ago, I'll track it down. An swoopy italian frame, no less.

again, I'm ahead of the curve. cool before cool is cool.

> I'm not much of one for road bikes with dropped top tubes (which, btw, leads you further away from
> your CX claim by making it hard to shoulder),

I was more concerend w/ stand-over height.... But I still have plenty of room for shoulder
carry, thanks.

> /s dost play the roadie!

boo.