Cassette: Sram OG-1070 11/25
Chain: Sram PC-1071
Bottom Bracket: Chris King
Headset: Chris King
Handlebar: Deda Zero 100 / Bar tape: Fizik microtex
Saddle: Fizik Aliante Gamma
Seatpost: Thompson Masterpiece
Seatpost collar: Extralite
Wheels: Hand spun by Jim Kish - DT Swiss RR465, DT Swiss spokes, black brass nipples / laced to Chris King hubs
Tires: Schwalbe Durano
Skewers: Far and Near ti axle/carbon wrapped alu handle
Pedals: Look Keo Classic
Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible
Computer: Garmin Edge 500

I was only able to take for a spin once before coming down with the flu, but I'm extremely pleased with the fit, ride and quality. Dealing with Jim on this build was a pleasure and I think he nailed it. He was always prompt and truthful in answering questions and I received it in less than two months. I can't recommend him highly enough if you are looking at custom ti.

kQz7s.jpg

auZCW.jpg

DVCte.jpg

FVchv.jpg

uyBpt.jpg

xPuCt.jpg

LpQeI.jpg

PzBJS.jpg

LdZhs.jpg

Us0OZ.jpg

Hi dongringo, yes, Jim did an excellent job of the frame, wheelset, everything actually. The finish of the welds is superb :)

Hey dongringo, how do you find the Deda Zero 100 bars for riding in the drops and overall ... thanks :)

Originally Posted by KLabs .

Hi dongringo, yes, Jim did an excellent job of the frame, wheelset, everything actually. The finish of the welds is superb :)

Hey dongringo, how do you find the Deda Zero 100 bars for riding in the drops and overall ... thanks :)

Thanks KLabs! Well, so far the Zero 100 bar feels very natural. I did do some quick testing to see how they felt in all positions and was pleased. However, I haven't been able to hit the hills yet so I can't say much about the most important aspect, the drops. Funny, I was just thinking about this today. Hope to get it out in the hills soon. Will let you know as soon as possible. :)

Thanks alienator! Yeah, I haven't seen any Kish frames that weren't high quality. I hope to someday afford a cx bike built by Jim.

Originally Posted by dongringo .

Thanks KLabs! Well, so far the Zero 100 bar feels very natural. I did do some quick testing to see how they felt in all positions and was pleased. However, I haven't been able to hit the hills yet so I can't say much about the most important aspect, the drops. Funny, I was just thinking about this today. Hope to get it out in the hills soon. Will let you know as soon as possible. :)
dongringo, that is a beautiful build.

I wonder if Klabs asked about the bars, specifically the drops, as BikeRadar had an "interesting" review on them. Asking as I'm thinking about these bars, or the Ritchey Curve which have a similar bend, on a new build. The review said good bars for someone who doesn't spend too much time on the drops, and not great for sprinting or fast descending in that hand position apparently because of stiffness (or lack thereof). I am however interested in your thoughts with a little time in the saddle on your new ride. Thanks.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

dongringo, that is a beautiful build.

I wonder if Klabs asked about the bars, specifically the drops, as BikeRadar had an "interesting" review on them. Asking as I'm thinking about these bars, or the Ritchey Curve which have a similar bend, on a new build. The review said good bars for someone who doesn't spend too much time on the drops, and not great for sprinting or fast descending in that hand position apparently because of stiffness (or lack thereof). I am however interested in your thoughts with a little time in the saddle on your new ride. Thanks.

Thanks!

Well, I don't race or sprint so I'm probably not the best to ask about bar stiffness. That being said though, I've had plenty of fast downhill time with these bars and they feel just fine to me. And I like the curve better than my Bontrager Race bars on the other bike. Glad I took a chance on them. Sorry I can't explain better. It's kind of like saddles. It needs to be felt. Seriously doubt that helps you, but there you go. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I've put about 500 mile on the Zero 100 RH bars. 42 CM C-to-C.

My opinion is they are plenty stiff. Not 1970's Cinelli stiff, but darned good in comparison to the very flexible FSA Energy bars I just spent 5-1/2 seasons on. I've spent plenty of time in the drops trying to stay flat and out of the wind. They ride fine and descend with plenty of control.

Don, that's a beautiful Ti build! Very nice. The 32H/3X wheels are classic...I like them.

Thanks for the feedback on the bars - I have ridden the Energy's so that frame of reference helps. Deda's shallow classic bend, one I've been using now for years is easily as stiff as any old Cinelli bar, but the ergonomics for Campy thumbshifting from the drops are not the best. Changing one's bar bend after tens of thousands of miles is both exciting and scary all at the same time.