Custom paint job/decals

Yonni

May 1, 2010
I'm thinking of doing something like this to an old frame:

Floyd-Bike.jpg

Anyone know of a Uk based company that can make custom decals like these or do the actual sprayjob?

Yonni said:
102 views and not even a comment?
I think it's those decals which are stumping everyone ...

You can have the frame painted at any shop that paints automobiles.

Bicycle frame fabricators like BOB JACKSON will repaint THEIR OWN frames, so the can either repaint your frame OR possibly recommend an outside shop.

If you can't find someone in the UK who can make your decals for you, then CYCLART in California can probably make your custom decals for you, but you will probably need "camera ready" art work ... and, expect to pay a pretty penny regardless of who makes the decals.

Thanks alfeng. I know of a company that will clean up an old frame and do the basic black paint job. The decals are the problem. I can prepare print ready artwork myself as I'm a photographer so I'm aware of the issues there. I'll look into Cyclart and see what they can do for me. The big problem for me is preparing artwork that will take into consideration the curvature of the tubes etc. I'm guessing that they have a lot of experience in this kind of thing and can guide me there. Thanks again. If it does come to light I'll post a pic for you all.