Custom paint work.

scobig

Mar 28, 2005
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in Toronto where I might be able to get some touch ups done to the paint work of my bike.

On my last ride the chain came off completely, wrapping itself around the right pedal and scratching the chain stay. I took the bike back to the vendor yesterday and they said that there was nothing that I could do to repair them (other than get a cover for it in the future) and that scratches were inevitable and irreparable.

Since the bike is brand new and I'm still kinda anal about it looking perfect, does anyone know if there is anything I can do?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

scobig said:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in Toronto where I might be able to get some touch ups done to the paint work of my bike.

On my last ride the chain came off completely, wrapping itself around the right pedal and scratching the chain stay. I took the bike back to the vendor yesterday and they said that there was nothing that I could do to repair them (other than get a cover for it in the future) and that scratches were inevitable and irreparable.

Since the bike is brand new and I'm still kinda anal about it looking perfect, does anyone know if there is anything I can do?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
I had the same thing happen to me...several times. Although my bike frame is 6 years old so it has scratches and dings already. I had a triple ring up front so it wasn't that noticable. But now with only a double up front you can really see the scarring. I am super anal about the way my bikes look so I want to try and fix it. I think having the whole frame painted now is a waste, in my case anyway. I was thinking of stripping the bike down to the bare frame and spraying the damaged portion with some type of bedliner, like what is used in truck beds. That stuff is pretty durable and it should hold up if it happens again. I haven't done it yet but if I do, I will post the results.

Good Luck!