Custom Steel or De Rosa Corum?

friedmikey

Jan 20, 2005
Custom Sycip vs. De Rosa Corum

Inspired by Cash Quest's thread, I'm also debating a De Rosa vs. something else, although my choices are a bit cheaper. So what do you guys think? Would you go for a custom steel Sycip, or is the quality, exclusivity and heritage of the De Rosa worth the extra cash? FYI, the stock geometry of the Corum works for me. Sycip's stock geometry does not, hence the custom.

friedmikey said:
Custom Sycip vs. De Rosa Corum

Inspired by Cash Quest's thread, I'm also debating a De Rosa vs. something else, although my choices are a bit cheaper. So what do you guys think? Would you go for a custom steel Sycip, or is the quality, exclusivity and heritage of the De Rosa worth the extra cash? FYI, the stock geometry of the Corum works for me. Sycip's stock geometry does not, hence the custom.
Have you considered a Hollands frame from Maryland? He makes some very nice custom Renolds 851 frames.

I hadn't looked into Hollands yet. I mentioned Sycip because they're close to me and the owners are friends of a friend. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have a look.