cut carbon steerer?

Andre

Guest
Any recommendations out there for proper hacksaw blade to cut a carbon steerer tube? I'm advised to
get a composite blade (permagrit), but these are fairly expensive. Kestrel apparently use standard
blade, combined with wrapping the steerer with masking tape to prevent fray. Thanks for any info.

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com

http://www.eastonbike.com/downloadable_files/r&d_files/R&D-05-Carbon.pdf

--
Perre

andre-<< Any recommendations out there for proper hacksaw blade to cut a carbon steerer tube
>><BR><BR>

Any new-ish, high tooth count blade-like 32 tpi

On 30 Sep 2003 12:45:57 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

>andre-<< Any recommendations out there for proper hacksaw blade to cut a carbon steerer tube
>>><BR><BR>
>
>Any new-ish, high tooth count blade-like 32 tpi

yep. scoring it with a sharp knife will eliminate the tearout. or use the corner of a file to make a
v grove around it. this will really eliminate any problems.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See
http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

news:[email protected]...
wrote:

> >andre-<< Any recommendations out there for proper hacksaw blade to cut a
carbon
> >steerer tube >><BR><BR>
> >
> >Any new-ish, high tooth count blade-like 32 tpi
>
> yep. scoring it with a sharp knife will eliminate the tearout. or use the
corner
> of a file to make a v grove around it. this will really eliminate any
problems.

Can also use masking tape.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]