Cycle computer locking on handlebars

ntl1606

Jun 13, 2016
Do you guys recommend just leaving your cycle computer on your handlebars and trusting the "locking mechanisms" some devices have to avoid theft? or is it just safer to take the thing off and carry it when your are away from your bike.

Pardon me for this comment but that thought of leaving something in your bike wouldn't work here, I mean it is not applicable in this part of the world. If the thief couldn't detach the gadget from your bike, for sure he would take the bike instead. Even motorcycles which have its own lock are sometimes taken. Some thieves here use a pickup for that purpose of stealing bikes and motorbikes.

On a brighter note, some big malls are now providing a parking for bikes and motorcycles although they are still no guarded which gives the thieves a little chance to do their thing.

I suggest using a .357 S&W Magnum with Winchester Defender SXT bonded hollow point ammunition.

You may have to wipe a little blood off your computer, but that thief won't be trying to steal it again any time soon.

Do you guys recommend just leaving your cycle computer on your handlebars and trusting the "locking mechanisms" some devices have to avoid theft? or is it just safer to take the thing off and carry it when your are away from your bike.
While you may be able to leave your bike's computer on your bike in some circumstances, unless you have the desire to buy a replacement sooner-rather-than-later then you should probably NOT leave it on your bike for any extended period of time ...

That is, crack heads probably don't care what they are stealing ...

OR, from whom.​

Better safe-than-sorry.

All of the computers I have just detach with a simple latch on the holder. Only takes a second to remove. Of course, that makes it all the more important that you remove it, rather than someone else if you leave the computer on the bike.

I left mine on my commuter bike at work and one day the computer, sensor, magnet and connecting wires were gone. Some **** head had unravelled it all and taken it - he could have bought one like mine for 25$.

I wish I had noticed him taking it.