Cycle computer question

Stelvio

Nov 14, 2003
I am in the market for a new computer. I have always used Avocets in the past, I really like the speed to the .1 and average to the .01 feature.

I was hoping to keep those features and move to a wireless setup (Avocet is only available in wired and their magnet set up does not fit with the hub on my new wheel).

I tried the VDO wireless and for the past month have had problems maintaining a constant readout. It only works between 10 and 75% of the time (I don't have a heart rate monitor and haven't been riding with a group so not sure of the source of interference).

Does anyone know of another wireless computer that computes average to the .01? Also other comments/experiences with wireless appreciated.

Thanks,
Stelvio

I don't have any experience with that particular wireless computer but some others that I've worked with have been sensitive to both the distance and the location of the head relative to the pick up.

I meant to include in my post that I have experimented with numerous different positions of the sensor and magnet, higher, lower, right, left and distance from sensor to magnet. None seem to work for a whole ride.