Cycle Computer Suggestions?

Mitchell Chavis

Guest
I just purchased a BikeE closeout and want to add a computer that will preferably calculate speed
and RPM. It's been a while since my last purchase(this is my first recumbent) and I don't know if a
wireless would work or do I need to buy a wired with extra long wires?

Thanks

Cateye Astrale will fit the bill. Run the speed sensor off the front wheel; no extending of
wires required.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Mitchell,

Careful with the wireless. Unless you can mount them within about 24" (sometimes less) they won't work.

There are several (hundred!) computers out there. I'll let others recommend the best ones.

As it happens, I'm running a Nashbar wireless on a Burely Canto. BUT . . . BUT . . . BUT . . . the computer is not mounted on the handlebar but on the forward steering tube. This is not ideal and I will change the configuration shortly.

Thus, I'm interested in recommendations too!!!

Ben

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:55:06 GMT, mitchell chavis wrote:

>I just purchased a BikeE closeout and want to add a computer that will preferably calculate speed
>and RPM. It's been a while since my last purchase(this is my first recumbent) and I don't know if a
>wireless would work or do I need to buy a wired with extra long wires?

I bought an Avocet 45TT with rear mount harness, which was long enough to attach to the front wheel.
I had to be a little creative with a mounting bracket for the cadence sensor, but it works well. As
I think about it, I may have used an Avocet Mountain Bike adapter to attach the speed sensor to the
front fork as well.

Works good - I'm on my second year with it.

There's a new model of the Astrale just arriving in the States, maybe you can find the older model
deeply discounted.

david boise ID

news:<[email protected]>...
> Cateye Astrale will fit the bill. Run the speed sensor off the front wheel; no extending of wires
> required.
>
> Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
> http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

What does the new one do that the old one didn't do? The Cateye website now shows only four models
of cyclocomputers with no names, just numbers (something like 24/34/44/45)

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "David Bogie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There's a new model of the Astrale just arriving in the States, maybe you can find the older model
> deeply discounted.
>
> david boise ID

news:<[email protected]>...