Cycle computer (VDO) wireless problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jason Hodges, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Jason Hodges

    Jason Hodges Guest

    My wireless VDO C10+ computer recently stopped working. Display is working, just not displaying the
    speed or the distance. Thinking I had a flat transmitter battery, I replaced it. When it still
    didn't work, replaced the display battery. Still don't get a signal.

    Also tried adjusting the position of the sensor and the magnet.

    Any suggestions appreciated?

    Thanks Jason

    Tags:

  2. fid

    fid New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2003
    I just returned my Specialized wireless computer for the same reason.

    Was working absolutely fine for 4 months - then intermittent signal even with new (and tested) battery - then nothing at all from the transmitter.

    I get the feeling that these transmitters are not especially durable.

    Good luck.

    Rob.

  3. peter.gregory

    peter.gregory New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2003
    I have just had exactly the same problem with my C10+. New batteries haven't fixed the problem. I've heard brake dust (from disc brakes) may cause interference, but a thorough clean hasn't helped. I've tried e-mailing VDO, but they've not responded yet.

  4. Mg

    Mg Guest

    What is the nature of the problem?

    "peter.gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have just had exactly the same problem with my C10+. New batteries haven't fixed the problem.
    > I've heard brake dust (from disc brakes) may cause interference, but a thorough clean hasn't
    > helped. I've tried e-mailing VDO, but they've not responded yet.

  5. peter.gregory

    peter.gregory New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2003
    The computer does not recieve signal from the transmitter. I've changed both batteries, checked the alignment and distance on the magnet and transmitter and cleaned all battery terminals.

  6. anerobic

    anerobic New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    try removing the display and placing it right up to the transmitter and spin the wheel-that will rule out a position problem since there's a narrow range where the display unit will sense the transmitter
    then try adjusting the magnet on the spokes so it's really close to the transmitter. i think i can hear a click when the magnet passes the transmitter. if that doesn't help, good luck...

  7. Jason Hodges

    Jason Hodges Guest

    Peter

    I had this problem a while back (and may have been the original poster of this thread). I eventually
    contacted the local (Australian) distributor and they offered to test it for me if I sent it back to
    them, which I did. They fixed it and returned it in working condition free of charge. Excellent
    service I reckon. I've had no further problems. Drop me a note if you need their contact details.

    Regards Jason