Cycle computer (VDO) wireless problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason Hodges

My wireless VDO C10+ computer recently stopped working. Display is working, just not displaying the
speed or the distance. Thinking I had a flat transmitter battery, I replaced it. When it still
didn't work, replaced the display battery. Still don't get a signal.

Also tried adjusting the position of the sensor and the magnet.

Any suggestions appreciated?

Thanks Jason

I just returned my Specialized wireless computer for the same reason.

Was working absolutely fine for 4 months - then intermittent signal even with new (and tested) battery - then nothing at all from the transmitter.

I get the feeling that these transmitters are not especially durable.

Good luck.

Rob.

I have just had exactly the same problem with my C10+. New batteries haven't fixed the problem. I've heard brake dust (from disc brakes) may cause interference, but a thorough clean hasn't helped. I've tried e-mailing VDO, but they've not responded yet.

What is the nature of the problem?

"peter.gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have just had exactly the same problem with my C10+. New batteries haven't fixed the problem.
> I've heard brake dust (from disc brakes) may cause interference, but a thorough clean hasn't
> helped. I've tried e-mailing VDO, but they've not responded yet.
>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.525 / Virus Database: 322 - Release Date: 10/9/2003

The computer does not recieve signal from the transmitter. I've changed both batteries, checked the alignment and distance on the magnet and transmitter and cleaned all battery terminals.

Originally posted by Mg
What is the nature of the problem?

try removing the display and placing it right up to the transmitter and spin the wheel-that will rule out a position problem since there's a narrow range where the display unit will sense the transmitter
then try adjusting the magnet on the spokes so it's really close to the transmitter. i think i can hear a click when the magnet passes the transmitter. if that doesn't help, good luck...

Peter

I had this problem a while back (and may have been the original poster of this thread). I eventually
contacted the local (Australian) distributor and they offered to test it for me if I sent it back to
them, which I did. They fixed it and returned it in working condition free of charge. Excellent
service I reckon. I've had no further problems. Drop me a note if you need their contact details.

Regards Jason

>"peter.gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]... I have just had exactly the same problem with my C10+. New
>batteries haven't fixed the problem. I've heard brake dust (from disc brakes) may cause
>interference, but a thorough clean hasn't helped. I've tried e-mailing VDO, but they've not
>responded yet.
>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.