cycle computers

989davidhammond

Dec 4, 2004
I have a cateye velo 8 fitted to a Dawes Kara kum, Recently when I was on a trip lasting several days, all modes exept the time and memory ceased to work. At first I thought I had lost part of the works as I had been going over some fairly rough road sufaces but I kept the computer on as a time piece and low and behold for no apprent reason after aboutr sixty miles every thing began to work again. This happened between Glasgow and Tyndrum can any one offer apossible explination for this.
D Hammond

989davidhammond said:
I have a cateye velo 8 fitted to a Dawes Kara kum, Recently when I was on a trip lasting several days, all modes exept the time and memory ceased to work. At first I thought I had lost part of the works as I had been going over some fairly rough road sufaces but I kept the computer on as a time piece and low and behold for no apprent reason after aboutr sixty miles every thing began to work again. This happened between Glasgow and Tyndrum can any one offer apossible explination for this.
D Hammond
Loose/dirty contacts between mount and head unit?
Break in cable that flexed the right way again?
Sensor just on the edge of being too far away from magnet and got knocked back again?
Stuck micro-contact switch in sensing unit that jarred free again :confused: