Andreas Schulze-Bäing said:I just found the following article about cycle courses for immigrants in
Denmark.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,501869,00.html
Apparently cycling is an inherent part of Danish life - so the new citicens
are offered courses by the Danish Red Cross to get into cycling.
I think a Danish politician some years ago promised tailwind on all
cycle paths if they were elected (OK, to make a point of the feasability
of other politician's promises).
Quoted message said:I wonder if the "Life in the UK" test by the Home Office would cover this
aspect as well? :-)
"In 2006, the average Dane clocked 954 kilometers. That compares, for
example, with 298 in Germany, 84 in Great Britain and 33 in the US."
For some reason it sprung to my mind whether a "living in the UK" class
rather would include lessons on "Going to the Pub" :-)
--
T Sandvik // to send e-mail, remove vehicle