Cycle ergometer

Rob81

Apr 19, 2005
I'm on the process of buying a cycle ergometer for indoor tests and watt valutations.
Of course I found the top looking the SRM indoor trainer that is 3000€ + srm unit.(not the full ergometer ...... 18000-20000 € is out of range atm)
Anyone could suggest me a brand/model for indoor cycle ergo, or a combination of trainer + ergo instruments (e.g. SRM).
Anyone have an opinion about SRM indoor trainer?

Thanks, sorry for my english

From what I've heard on this forum Velodyne (20lbs flywheel) is the best ergo and Computrainer is a close second (more portable).

Rob81 said:
I'm on the process of buying a cycle ergometer for indoor tests and watt valutations.
Of course I found the top looking the SRM indoor trainer that is 3000€ + srm unit.(not the full ergometer ...... 18000-20000 € is out of range atm)
Anyone could suggest me a brand/model for indoor cycle ergo, or a combination of trainer + ergo instruments (e.g. SRM).

Rob81 said:

Velodyne or Computrainer are good options. not sure if you need something to control the wattage, or just need to measure/record the wattage. If the latter, then an SRM or Powertap power meter used on a normal bike trainer (e.g. a Kurt Kinetic Road machine) would be a good option for much less money than a dediated stationary bike. Saris also have the PT 300 ergo bike with inbuilt powertap power meter.