Cycle farcilities on TV.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter B, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    On "Grumpy Old Men" last night cycle lanes got a mention: Part of a pavement had been given over to
    a cycle lane on a quiet route but disappeared when the road got busy. And a green tarmac strip that
    had a section missing for a side street prompting the comment that cyclists would get knocked off by
    motor vehicles using the side street if the cyclist failed to give way. I hope some non-cyclists saw
    this to appreciate why we don't generally rate such "facilities".

    Pete

    Tags:

  2. Peter B wrote:
    > On "Grumpy Old Men" last night cycle lanes got a mention: Part of a pavement had been given over
    > to a cycle lane on a quiet route but disappeared when the road got busy. And a green tarmac strip
    > that had a section missing for a side street prompting the comment that cyclists would get knocked
    > off by motor vehicles using the side street if the cyclist failed to give way.

    Isn't that ALL of them?