Cycle friend accommodation in Isle of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Clark

I'm thinking of spending a week later this year cycle touring in the Isle of Man. Does anyone know
of any cheap to mid priced accommodation (hostel or bed and breakfast) that is cycle friendly, eg
has somewhere secure to park the cycle overnight? Failing that, is there a web site where I can look
for such accommodation? Thanks.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.435 / Virus Database: 244 - Release Date: 30/12/2002

>I'm thinking of spending a week later this year cycle touring in the Isle of Man. Does anyone know
>of any cheap to mid priced accommodation (hostel or bed and breakfast) that is cycle friendly, eg
>has somewhere secure to park the cycle overnight? Failing that, is there a web site where I can
>look for such accommodation? Thanks.

You could always start here...

http://www.isle-of-man.com/

Google is a great thing ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

"Stephen Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm thinking of spending a week later this year cycle touring in the Isle
of
> Man. Does anyone know of any cheap to mid priced accommodation (hostel or bed and breakfast) that
> is cycle friendly, eg has somewhere secure to park the cycle overnight? Failing that, is there a
> web site where I can look
for
> such accommodation? Thanks.

All the B+Bs we went to were fine - back yard or similar. Security didn't seem to be much
of an issue.

We went just after the TT so avoided all the motorbikes - traffic was all very pleasant. We were
surprised to meet loads of cyclists on the ferry, all more efficient than us getting the cheap
tickets :-( - it was the cycling week. However they all stay in Douglas, so no worries about
accomodation elsewhere.

Basically avoid the TT/speed week, and I think you'll be fine whatever you
do.

cheers, clive

Stephen Clark <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm thinking of spending a week later this year cycle touring in the Isle
of
> Man. Does anyone know of any cheap to mid priced accommodation (hostel or bed and breakfast) that
> is cycle friendly, eg has somewhere secure to park the cycle overnight? Failing that, is there a
> web site where I can look
for
> such accommodation?
Hi, we had a tour round the I.O.M. 3 years ago and found plenty of accom. Douglas has cheap B&Bs on
the prom, a short ride from the ferry terminal. Peel is a good stop, several B&Bs in a short stretch
of street leading down to the harbour. Ramsey has a number of B&Bs south of the river bridge. All
the places we stayed at allowed us to bring our bikes inside. We just booked the first night's
accom, from a leaflet we picked up at the Heysham ferry terminal, while on the ferry crossing by
mobile phone and then obtained additional info from the T.I.C at Douglas. Goes without saying that
you need to avoid the TT race period, not only for the bikes but accom is always full. It was a
delightful little tour, our main tour was the west coast of Southern Ireland but as we had to cross
via the I.O.M. we decided to use it as a leisurely 3 day warm-up. Best run was return to Douglas
from Ramsey racing the electric tram down hill all the way! Roger

On 20 Jan 2003 01:12:42 -0000, [email protected] (Geraint Jones) wrote:

> http://www.isle-of-man.com/information/gettingabout.shtml
>
>"The attitude of vehicle drivers to bicycle is the same as the UK", "so be prepared, where (sic) a
>helmet and take care".
>
>You're trying to start a headgear thread aren't you?

Christ, not another. My "ignore thread" button has never seen so much action.

Click! Click! Click!!

:eek:)

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

Status
Not open for further replies.