Cycle Insurance/help

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by anderson, May 28, 2003.

  1. anderson

    anderson New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    I contacted the insurance company in the ctc magazine with the view of insuring my bikes with them. I was quite surprised as to how expensive they were.

    Can anyone recommend a suitable, reliable and cheaper company to get cover from.

    Thanks in advance.

    Michael Anderson

    Tags:

  2. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Yes I found them quite expensive,plus if you made a claim your policy ended and you had to
    reinsure.I think probably the cheapest way is to cover your bike(s) with your house contents
    insurance depending on the value of your machine.

    Sam Salt

    "anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I contacted the insurance company in the ctc magazine with the view of insuring my bikes with
    > them. I was quite surprised as to how expensive they were.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a suitable, reliable and cheaper company to get cover from.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >

    > Michael Anderson

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Ask your home contents insurer, mine's Black Horse and they agreed to cover my bike to the correct
    value for a slight increase in the premium. They can only say yes or no, just ask them.

    ---
    Don't be shy, click on the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/letour

    L'Etape du Tour 2003, rider number 3295, I must be mad!
    http://www.letapedutour.com/2003/us/index.htm

    "Sam Salt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes I found them quite expensive,plus if you made a claim your policy
    ended
    > and you had to reinsure.I think probably the cheapest way is to cover your bike(s) with your house
    > contents insurance depending on the value of your machine.
    >
    > Sam Salt
    >

    > "anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I contacted the insurance company in the ctc magazine with the view of insuring my bikes with
    > > them. I was quite surprised as to how expensive they were.
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend a suitable, reliable and cheaper company to get cover from.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > > Michael Anderson
    > >

    > > --

  4. Ben

    Ben Guest

    anderson wrote:
    > I contacted the insurance company in the ctc magazine with the view of insuring my bikes with
    > them. I was quite surprised as to how expensive they were.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a suitable, reliable and cheaper company to get cover from.

    I added 1500 quids worth of mtb onto my household policy for a grand increase in premium of 15 quid.
    Up from 65 to 80. With More Than.

    It's covered for theft (from a locked building or car, or if locked and the broken lock can be
    produced) and accidental damage.
    --
    ******** replace 'spam' with 'ben' to reply *********