Guest
Its here

The first copies have arrived at the publishers.

Get one at www.eye-books.com

50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback book.

See if your local authority features!

All royalties to the Cyclists Defence Fund.

Rod King - Warrington Cycle Campaign

Rod King wrote:
> Its here
>
> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>
> Get one at www.eye-books.com
>
> 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback book.

I shall be expecting a knock on the door from the postman shortly then.

> Rod King - Warrington Cycle Campaign

I realise that no-one involved wants to loose money over this, but could
you arrange for a copy to be placed in the library at the Palace of
Westminster, or wherever MPs get their reading material from.

Martin.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Rod King wrote:
> > Its here
> >
> > The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
> >
> > Get one at www.eye-books.com
> >
> > 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback book.

> I shall be expecting a knock on the door from the postman shortly then.

Be interested to know if the two photos they asked to use of mine made
it into the book.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

Martin Dann wrote:
> Rod King wrote:
>> Its here
>>
>> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>>
>> Get one at www.eye-books.com
>>
>> 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback
>> book.

> I shall be expecting a knock on the door from the postman shortly then.
>

>> Rod King - Warrington Cycle Campaign

> I realise that no-one involved wants to loose money over this, but could
> you arrange for a copy to be placed in the library at the Palace of
> Westminster, or wherever MPs get their reading material from.

By law one copy should go each to Oxford , Cambridge and Dublin Unis and
one to the British library

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Its here
>
> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>
> Get one at www.eye-books.com
>
> 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback book.
>
> See if your local authority features!
>
> All royalties to the Cyclists Defence Fund.
>
> Rod King - Warrington Cycle Campaign

Hmmm... fill in my credit card details on a non-secure web page? I
don't think so!

On 2007-11-02 19:48:25 +0000, Tony Raven <[email protected]> said:

> Hmmm... fill in my credit card details on a non-secure web page? I
> don't think so!

It's also listed on Amazon:

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/****-Cycle-Lanes-Dan-Hiscocks/dp/1903070589>

Tony Raven wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>> Its here
>>
>> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>>
>> Get one at www.eye-books.com

[...]
> Hmmm... fill in my credit card details on a non-secure web page? I
> don't think so!

The forms are in frames (spit) which ARE secure - or at least, served
via https, from Paypal itself.

Martin Dann wrote:

> I realise that no-one involved wants to loose money over this, but could
> you arrange for a copy to be placed in the library at the Palace of
> Westminster, or wherever MPs get their reading material from.
>
> Martin.

Never mind that, how about one for every local authority Highways
Manager in Britain. I'll start the ball rolling and buy a copy for
Hampshire...

Andy Key wrote:

> The forms are in frames (spit) which ARE secure - or at least, served
> via https, from Paypal itself.

....hmm... bit of a **** website though. What were they thinking?

On Nov 2, 8:15 pm, Andy Key <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> >> Its here

> >> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.

> >> Get one atwww.eye-books.com

> [...]
>
> > Hmmm... fill in my credit card details on a non-secure web page? I
> > don't think so!

> The forms are in frames (spit) which ARE secure - or at least, served
> via https, from Paypal itself.

This "secure credit card" lark is a bit of a red-herring really. After
all, you show your credit card and all its numbers to all sorts of
shop assistants, waiters, ordering by phone and all the rest. And yet
everyone worries about someone snooping numbers off the web. "Secure"
is better, but not the worry it's made out to be.

The amazing thing is that Visa are introducing "3-d secure" which is
technically secure, but totally disastrous from a process / people
point of view, and would be sheer madness for any punter to touch with
a shitty stick. Still, it is "secure"

Gone off-topic a bit, never mind.

Still the book's a good thing. I've seen very few facilities of any
value, and most are positively dangerous. Quite why a white line
painted on a road makes you safer I don't know. This encourages cars
to miss you by a thou' rather than giving you a good couple of inches
safe clearance. And that's quite apart from forcing you to ride on
slippery white paint rather than grippy tarmac

Hywel

Hywel

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:42:20 +0000,
marc <[email protected]> wrote:
> Martin Dann wrote:
>> Rod King wrote:
>>> Its here
>>>
>>> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>>>
>>> Get one at www.eye-books.com
>>>
>>> 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback
>>> book.

>> I shall be expecting a knock on the door from the postman shortly then.
>>

>>> Rod King - Warrington Cycle Campaign

>> I realise that no-one involved wants to loose money over this, but could
>> you arrange for a copy to be placed in the library at the Palace of
>> Westminster, or wherever MPs get their reading material from.
>>

> By law one copy should go each to Oxford , Cambridge and Dublin Unis and
> one to the British library

What about the National Library Of Scotland and of Wales? They are
legal deposit libraries too.

The British Library is entitled to receive a copy of every work
published. The others are entitled to receive a copy of every work
which they request (there is an agent that handles this for all the
other five) provided they make that request within 12 months of
publication.

--
Andy Leighton => [email protected]
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

Martin Dann wrote:
> Captain Crunchynutz wrote:
>> Its here
>>
>> The first copies have arrived at the publishers.
>>
>> Get one at www.eye-books.com
>>
>> 50 of the best jokes in transport today, just £4.99 for the hardback
>> book.

> I shall be expecting a knock on the door from the postman shortly then.

Found it by my front door when I got in this evening, it is very good.

Martin.