cycle ops question

moviekindoflife

Oct 21, 2005
i just got a cycleops fluid2 trainer. anyone out there use the trainer without switching your quick release out for the one that comes with the trainer. is it a bad idea to not switch out my quick release skewer for the one that came with the trainer?

Unfortunately you have to use the QR that came with the trainer..it has a dome on either end that fits into the retainers on the trainer, plus it looks a lot beefier than standard QR's...If you take a chance and your Bike comes adrift while you're on the saddle you could do a lot of damage to your bike...or ride straight into the TV!!!

:(

Jaguar27 said:
If you take a chance and your Bike comes adrift while you're on the saddle you could do a lot of damage to your bike...or ride straight into the TV!!!

:(
thanks, thats what i was worried about

I have to agree with the last post. You definitely need to install the trainer QR. Even if yours is similar in size, you can get a little wobble in the back wheel which can mess up your back hub and put undue stress on the chainstay. Plus, if anything does happen (i.e. you come out of the trainer when you’re cranking at 20mph) and you’re not using the QR from Cycle ops, your warranty won’t cover the damage to the trainer and there’s no chance the company will cover the damage to you.

Plus if you really like your old QR and you want to ride with that one on the road, it only takes 30 seconds to switch it out.