Cycle Oregon?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ken Kobayashi, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Anyone here going to be at Cycle Oregon? I'll be there on a black SatRDay.

    Unfortunately I haven't been able to train much this summer due to knee problems and thought about
    canceling, but it's too late to get a refund so I might as well go and do my best. I hear there'll
    be 3 other Japanese SatRDay riders as a result of Bike Friday promoting the event. (We Japanese love
    small, folding gadgets.)

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone here going to be at Cycle Oregon? I'll be there on a black SatRDay.

    There's always quite a recumbent presence on CO. Last year there were about 150 to 200, including 45
    from the Easy Rider Recumbent Club: http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/COXV.jpeg

    In fact, my wife and I spent the day riding with Curt Coleman, who does the maps, administers the
    discussion groups, and generally does bunches of stuff for the Cycle Oregon organization. He rides a
    Gold Rush. Bob and Rox Heath, who run the "unofficial" Cycle Oregon website (links from
    http://www.arttouch.com/) are Tour Easy riders also.

    We'll be on our black Tour Easys... we're pretty easy to recognize: I'm 6-foot-4 while my wife's
    5-foot-10, and she always wears colored tights and tie-dye shirts.

    > Unfortunately I haven't been able to train much this summer due to knee problems and thought about
    > canceling, but it's too late to get a refund so I might as well go and do my best. I hear there'll
    > be 3 other Japanese SatRDay riders as a result of Bike Friday promoting the event. (We Japanese
    > love small, folding gadgets.)

    This years's edition is looking "easier": 4 days are 60 miles or less! Last year's daily mileage
    averaged nearly 85... yuck. You'll probably want to sign up for nightly visits to the massage tent,
    though. Do that on the first day- the schedule gets filled pretty rapidly.

    > Ken Kobayashi [email protected] http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/

    Feel free to introduce yourself on the ride- it's always nice to connect 'bent friends!

    Jeff Wills