Road Cycling · Public discussion

Cycle racing info required in Spain...

Started by paul wills · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,807 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
29 April 2003
Last activity
1 May 2003
Original author
paul wills
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,807
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am currently in the process of moving to Spain to work for a year. I am trying to find out information regarding cycling clubs in the Alicante area. If anybody could give me a website/email address or a breakdown of the local racing I would be most appreciative..

    Paul Wills🙂

  2. There are a few. Kelme is from that area.

    I myself raced all over Spain for 7 years and well I know.

    You will need to belong to a team to race many events. Paperwork will be your nightmare there. Basicly you need to have a spanish racing liscence. Since you say you are going to work then you need to have those papers and go to Valencia to see of you can get a liscence. Valencia is where the closest office is that I know of.

    Either way try to find a team and ask them for their help. Smaller teams may not help you as they never employ foreigners. Bigger teams do but you have to be REALLY good. I mean really good.

    You will find out as soon as you hit your first race. Also racing in Alicante/Valencia is really good. Next good spot is Euskadi.

    I spend 4 years in Euskadi and 3 in Valencia (Alginet). Best of luck and feel free to contact me direct with any more pointers and information.

  3. Xavier,

    Many thanks for your reply, Did not know it would be that difficult. I have raced in Spain before when i used to ride on french team, but never looked into racing 100% in Spain.

    I will keep you posted on my news.

    many thanks again

    Paul

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.