Cycle Touring Specilaist Shops in Perth

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Gary Perkins, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Gary Perkins

    Gary Perkins Guest

    Howdy People, I am about to start on planning a cycle tour (destination to be determined) and was
    wondering which LBS in Perth is the best for touring advice and gear?

    Cheers Gary

    Tags:

  2. Till

    Till Guest

    Gary Perkins <gary.perkinsyukky##@corporatet.wesfarmers.com.au> wrote:
    > Howdy People, I am about to start on planning a cycle tour (destination to be determined) and was
    > wondering which LBS in Perth is the best for touring advice and gear?

    I just had a really nice tourer made up for by Gordonsons, who have since shut =\ Cant say I could
    think of which other store Id recommend at this point.

    The frame makers were Quantum in North Perth and some other parts were sourced interstate, I can
    provide details as required =)

    Snap here; http://www.jmcs.net.au/bike_complete.JPG

    till

  3. Gary Perkins

    Gary Perkins Guest

    "till" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Gary Perkins <gary.perkinsyukky##@corporatet.wesfarmers.com.au> wrote:
    > > Howdy People, I am about to start on planning a cycle tour (destination to be
    determined)
    > > and was wondering which LBS in Perth is the best for touring advice and gear?
    >
    > I just had a really nice tourer made up for by Gordonsons, who have since shut =\ Cant say I could
    > think of which other store Id recommend at this point.
    >
    > The frame makers were Quantum in North Perth and some other parts were sourced interstate, I can
    > provide details as required =)
    >
    > Snap here; http://www.jmcs.net.au/bike_complete.JPG
    >
    > till

    Thanks for that but I wont be buying another bike, I've just bought a new roadie :) I am looking at
    using my MTB and I was just after someone to help with mounting racks on it (or at least placing
    them correctly as I have a disk mount on the rear which means my rack is a bit high and forward) or
    advising to replace front shocks with rigid forks that sort of thing. My partner and I already have
    racks on the rear of our bikes and use Panniers for our daily commute but I guess we will probably
    need front bags as well.

    Thanks again

  4. Till

    Till Guest

    Gary Perkins <yukky##@somewhere.com.au> wrote:

    > Thanks for that but I wont be buying another bike, I've just bought a new roadie :) I am looking
    > at using my MTB and I was just after someone to help with mounting racks on it (or at least
    > placing them correctly as I have a disk mount on the rear which means my rack is a bit high and
    > forward) or advising to replace front shocks with rigid forks that sort of thing. My partner and I
    > already have racks on the rear of our bikes and use Panniers for our daily commute but I guess we
    > will probably need front bags as well.

    Hmm no idea where to send you in that case really, I got some well priced ortlieb racks from
    mainpeak, and they have some club membership which makes it even cheaper.

    till

  5. Milton

    Milton Guest

    Try Bike Force in Malaga ask for Jason no "one else" Ive bourght 5 bike from here, best bike shop I
    have found for advise/help. If he can't help or dosn't know enough on what u want he will tell u
    whom to see.............

    regards

    ............................. Gary Perkins <gary.perkinsyukky##@corporatet.wesfarmers.com.au> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > Howdy People, I am about to start on planning a cycle tour (destination to be
    determined)
    > and was wondering which LBS in Perth is the best for touring advice and gear?
    >
    > Cheers Gary

  6. G

    G Guest

    Gary Perkins <yukky##@somewhere.com.au> wrote:

    > Thanks for that but I wont be buying another bike, I've just bought a new roadie :) I am looking
    > at using my MTB and I was just after someone to help with mounting racks on it (or at least
    > placing them correctly as I have a disk mount on the rear which means my rack is a bit high and
    > forward) or advising to replace front shocks with rigid forks that sort of thing. My partner and I
    > already have racks on the rear of our bikes and use Panniers for our daily commute but I guess we
    > will probably need front bags as well.
    >
    > Thanks again

    Clive at Mercer Cycles in Fremantle sells touring equipment (including a large variety panniers)
    should be able to help you.

    GK