Cycle Trailer wanted (luggage not children type)

Pete Whelan

Guest
I'm after a new trailer for pulling behind my bike. The
current one is about 15yrs old and fairly heavy; a Bike Bug
Shuttle; basically a large, locking fibreglass box (63 x 82
x 50 cm3)on wheels, towed from a bracket at the rear axle of
the bike. It is certainly capable of loads up to 100kg.

I'm after something of similar capability, possibly a bit
smaller, and to be a bit lighter. I'm sure there must be
some modern equipment out now that meets this criteria.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Pete

In message <[email protected]>
Pete whelan <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm after a new trailer for pulling behind my bike. The
> current one is about 15yrs old and fairly heavy; a Bike
> Bug Shuttle; basically a large, locking fibreglass box
> (63 x 82 x 50 cm3)on wheels, towed from a bracket at the
> rear axle of the bike. It is certainly capable of loads
> up to 100kg.

I have had a Vitelli trailer for about 5 years. It is a
metal basket (46cm × 70 cm) on removable pneumatic wheels
and tows well. I have used it for microwaves , televisions
and cat as well as potting compost. Recomended.

Paul Luton

--
CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames

Pete whelan wrote:

> I'm after a new trailer for pulling behind my bike. The
> current one is about 15yrs old and fairly heavy; a Bike
> Bug Shuttle; basically a large, locking fibreglass box
> (63 x 82 x 50 cm3)on wheels, towed from a bracket at the
> rear axle of the bike. It is certainly capable of loads
> up to 100kg.
>
> I'm after something of similar capability, possibly a bit
> smaller, and to be a bit lighter. I'm sure there must be
> some modern equipment out now that meets this criteria.
>
> Anyone got any recommendations?

There is a good list of trailers on the AtoB site

http://www.atob.org.uk/trailer_price_tag.html

I have been using the swiss made Vitelli which I find superb
and very adaptable. It also uses the axle based Weber hitch
which makes transfer between bikes (and trikes) a doddle. I
use it mainly on the Brompton and the Trice, both towards
extreme ends of the cycling spectrum. Load carrying is
excellent and its been used to carry items from a firkin of
beer, to the garden rubbish. its a bit pricey but well worth
the money.

John B