Cycle Trailers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Giles Thomas, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Giles Thomas

    Giles Thomas Guest

    Some years ago I can remember reading artices in two separate magazines about a cycle towed dingy
    and a cycle towed caravan . I cannot find these anywhere on the net . Anyone got any bright ideas ?

    Tags:

  2. Pauline

    Pauline Guest

    "Giles Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some years ago I can remember reading artices in two separate magazines about a cycle towed
    > dingy and a cycle towed caravan . I cannot find these anywhere on the net . Anyone got any
    > bright ideas ?

    There were in Velovision maybe a year ago.

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Giles Thomas wrote:
    > Some years ago I can remember reading artices in two separate magazines about a cycle towed dingy
    > and a cycle towed caravan . I cannot find these anywhere on the net .

    I remember reading an article (with pictures) a few years ago about a cycle towed caravan. I had
    thought it was in Recumbent Cyclist News, but I've just checked the only copy that I ever bought and
    it's not in there. There's no mention of it in my bike mag index. I think it may have been in
    Cycling Today, but I'm not sure.

    Whatever, I'm pretty sure it was towed behind a Leitra. Ooh, a quick search of Google groups shows
    that I posted this on 11/10/02:

    "I've got a picture somewhere, I believe in an old copy of Bicycle Culture Quarterly, showing a
    fully faired Leitra recumbent bike towing a small caravan. The machine was owned by an artist,
    who tours Europe and lives in the caravan. Perhaps not my first choice of habitation, but I loved
    the idea."

    So I looked in the loft, found said magazine (Bicycle Culture issue 11, I think it's 5 or 6 years
    old) and found an article about a fully faired Leitra described as "the world's smallest mobile
    home", but not towing a caravan.

    So I've been no help at all, sorry. I know I've seen an article somewhere with a bike towing a
    caravan, though.

    Thomas Paine

  4. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    It was in Velo Vision

    "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Giles Thomas wrote:
    > > Some years ago I can remember reading artices in two separate magazines about a cycle towed
    > > dingy and a cycle towed caravan . I cannot find these anywhere on the net .
    >
    > I remember reading an article (with pictures) a few years ago about a cycle towed caravan. I had
    > thought it was in Recumbent Cyclist News, but I've just checked the only copy that I ever bought
    > and it's not in there. There's no mention of it in my bike mag index. I think it may have been in
    > Cycling Today, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Whatever, I'm pretty sure it was towed behind a Leitra. Ooh, a quick search of Google groups shows
    > that I posted this on 11/10/02:
    >
    > "I've got a picture somewhere, I believe in an old copy of Bicycle Culture Quarterly, showing a
    > fully faired Leitra recumbent bike towing a small caravan. The machine was owned by an artist,
    > who tours Europe and lives in the caravan. Perhaps not my first choice of habitation, but I loved
    > the idea."
    >
    > So I looked in the loft, found said magazine (Bicycle Culture issue 11, I think it's 5 or 6 years
    > old) and found an article about a fully faired Leitra described as "the world's smallest mobile
    > home", but not towing a caravan.
    >
    > So I've been no help at all, sorry. I know I've seen an article somewhere with a bike towing a
    > caravan, though.
    >
    > --
    > Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
    > http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
    > Thomas Paine

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  6. Danny Colyer wrote:

    > "I've got a picture somewhere, I believe in an old copy of Bicycle Culture Quarterly, showing a
    > fully faired Leitra recumbent bike towing a small caravan. The machine was owned by an artist,
    > who tours Europe and lives in the caravan. Perhaps not my first choice of habitation, but I loved
    > the idea."
    >
    > So I looked in the loft, found said magazine (Bicycle Culture issue 11, I think it's 5 or 6 years
    > old) and found an article about a fully faired Leitra described as "the world's smallest mobile
    > home", but not towing a caravan.

    That would have been Tobias Enke, IIRC. He was an itinerant artist and silversmith, but I think has
    now settled in Bielefeld.

    > So I've been no help at all, sorry. I know I've seen an article somewhere with a bike towing a
    > caravan, though.

    Sacha Knoop used to tow the fairing of his race recumbent behind the bike that lurked therein - this
    was usually referred to as "Sacha's Caravan".

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Dave Larrington must be edykated coz e writed:

    > That would have been Tobias Enke, IIRC. He was an itinerant artist and silversmith, but I think
    > has now settled in Bielefeld.

    Isn't that the place with cancer inducing top soil?

    Ian

  8. Ian wrote:

    > Isn't that the place with cancer inducing top soil?

    Dunno, but I used to live a couple of miles from there as a kid and I'm not dead yet... IIRC there
    was something Nasty in the soil in Marburg.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  9. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Nuffing wrong with Bielefield (used to be stationed there) many years ago ! Robin "Dave Larrington"
    > Ian wrote:
    >
    > > Isn't that the place with cancer inducing top soil?
    > >

    > Dunno, but I used to live a couple of miles from there as a kid and I'm
    not
    > dead yet... IIRC there was something Nasty in the soil in Marburg.
    >
    > Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  10. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Robin must be edykated coz e writed:

    > Nuffing wrong with Bielefield (used to be stationed there) many years ago ! Robin "Dave
    > Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Ian wrote:
    >>
    >>> Isn't that the place with cancer inducing top soil?
    >>>

    >> Dunno, but I used to live a couple of miles from there as a kid and I'm
    > not
    >> dead yet... IIRC there was something Nasty in the soil in Marburg.
    >>
    >> Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    >> Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

    I am thinking of a place that used to be in old east Germany that was the site for huge chemical
    works, poisoned the soil to a depth of 7 feet for miles around, trike country, so you don't have to
    put your feet down, I must know Bielefield for some other reason.

    Ian

  11. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    Ian <[email protected]> of blueyonder (post doesn't reflect views of blueyonder) wrote:
    >I am thinking of a place that used to be in old east Germany that was the site for huge chemical
    >works, poisoned the soil to a depth of 7 feet for miles around, trike country, so you don't have to
    >put your feet down, I must know Bielefield for some other reason.

    Bielefeld is in the north west of Germany, in Nord-Rhein Westfalen, a long way from the new German
    states (the politically correct phrase for the former east Germany, so I'm told).

    Wrenching this somewhat back on topic, Bielefeld is a fairly major train junction, a la Crewe. One
    of these years I'm going to get my act together and do a cycling tour of Munsterland, probably using
    Bielefeld as start and end point. Not this year though, as I'm off to the Salzkammergut in Austria
    on Wednesday for 10 days of cycling in lake and mountain country.
    --
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others,
    are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams Steph Peters delete