Cycle trousers

notxalckram

Oct 20, 2011
I've recently just ripped a pair of trousers just getting on my bike so I need a new a pair of trousers that work as cycle trousers and casual trousers for going to events and work etc.

I found a pair; http://www.evanscycles.com/products/surface/liquistretch-trousers-ec022564 but the size I want is out of stock and they have now been discontinued. So far i've not been able to find a similar pair that are smart/casual but also great for cycling.

Does anyone know where I can get a similar style of trousers?

Yojmbo, the post doesn't seem like spam but does seem like a valid question.

To the OP: Steve's suggestions are good. Both Wiggle and Chain Reaction have excellent reputations. You may want to consider googling (or binging, yahooing dogpiling, culling, or any other search done on any other search engine) "cycling trousers." Including the word "trousers" is good, since that will give more results specific to resources in the UK. Such search will give you manufacturers and sites that sell such trousers. If you ride a fixie and want to fit into the fixie crowd, you might try asking about "skinny jeans" in the "singlespeed" sub-forum.

Lucky for you, in that last 5 years, there's been a quasi-"explosion" in the number of companies making trousers for cycling. As you might guess such trousers are a big hit with some commuters and a lot of the fixirati. One thing: if you do a search, please be sure, if you decide to buy online, that you make sure the company you are planning to send money to is legit and has a solid reputation. You can always come here and ask about reader experiences with specific companies.

One last option is to visit an LBS or two ( or some other positive integer number of LBS) to see if they have any in stock and if not, if they can order them from some place. If they can do neither, you can ask them if they have any recommendations on where you should look or what companies or retailers you should check out.

Here's a pic of two really nice pairs of cycling trousers:

Not spam but an actual question.

Great thanks, i'll have a look. I've checked Wiggle and didn't find much but will check elsewhere.

Thanks.