cycle when your tank is on E?

stough

Jun 5, 2012
i recently read an article in runners worlds most recent magazine that explained how 2 olympic marathoners trained for London by doing their runs when there "tank" was on E. the article explains that when your tank is on E and go out for a run that your body adapts to burning carbohydrates more efficiently and more relies on fat than carbs. these 2 athletes ended up PR'ing also in the olympic trials. So i was wondering if cycling works the same way? that if you cycle when your tank is on E then your body will learn to burn carbs more efficiently and rely on burning fat instead and also making you have some of the best race times you've ever had?

Looks like folks are responding to your other thread in the "training" forums which seems to be the same as this one. No need to double post, most of us get to read all posts road cycling related. Maybe delete this one?

yea i didnt know there was a specific section just for cycling training so thats why i double posted. but im also new here and dont know how to delete this thread. if you could tell me where to delete it at then that would be great!

Hehe I'm not sure about how to delete a thread, but I know a consolation prize can be had by editing and then just deleting the body. Somebody did something similar and then just edited the title to read 'deleted post'.

Welcome!

Interesting concept. I've heard something like this before. It was more like if you exercise first thing in the morning before you eat anything. You will burn fat more effectively even if it is just 20-30 minutes. You are clearly on empty first thing in the morning. The burning of carbohydrates and fats is something to look at for sure. If your body is not burning certain carbohydrates properly more than like it is adrenals and lymphatics. Pre-diabetes possibly and more than likely if carbs/starches aren't processing properly Fats are processed through the liver. You'd need to work on cleaning up the lymphatics, adrenals, liver, and probably the pancreas. Especially if you are contemplating doing some extreme things like running on empty more than likely your system is a bit jammed up. Its good to have proper water and something light before a run. A couple hours to pass if you had more than something light.

I don't know if this is healthy, it's definitely something that needs to be researched further. I do agree, that the human body is incredibly versatile and can adjust to a variety of conditions.

But I don't think it's wise to continuously push the body beyond it's natural limits. I say this, because I had a friend who was incredibly healthy and a long distance runner who passed away early in life. He would put himself through intense training sessions and one days his heart just gave out.