Cyclecomputers-Hrts

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    My Cateye OS1.0 battery has again gone flat losing all its archived data so
    I'm considering a replacement.
    I tried a Polar S520 HRT as I also do a bit of jogging thinking it might
    double up to cover both things but couldn't get it to work it couldn't
    receive from the sensor from fork to handlebars 48cms even though it said it
    had a range of 50cms so had to take it back for a refund.

    Anyone recommend a good cycle computer I was particularly wanting one with
    download to PC capability (to prevent losing all my recorded data in future)
    that's why I was looking at HRTs which seem to be the only things having
    that facility.

    Anyone any experience with either the suunto t6 how much bike functionality
    does it have? or the ciclosport hac4 its very difficult to get info on the
    bike functions available on these products

    Tags:

  2. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My Cateye OS1.0 battery has again gone flat losing all its archived data
    > so I'm considering a replacement.
    > I tried a Polar S520 HRT as I also do a bit of jogging thinking it might
    > double up to cover both things but couldn't get it to work it couldn't
    > receive from the sensor from fork to handlebars 48cms even though it said
    > it had a range of 50cms so had to take it back for a refund.
    >
    > Anyone recommend a good cycle computer I was particularly wanting one with
    > download to PC capability (to prevent losing all my recorded data in
    > future) that's why I was looking at HRTs which seem to be the only things
    > having that facility.

    Get a trip milometer and a diary, read the milometer and enter the
    information in the diary, bingo, results always available.

    Alan