Cycleops 12 hour

suzyj

New Member
Mar 22, 2004
Hi guys,

One of my friends just sent me this link:

http://www.endurancecycling.com/

It's about the Cycleops 12 hour, to be held at Eastern Creek on May 15. I'm very much tempted to enter, it sounds like it will be a real blast, sort of the roadie answer to the Mont 24 hour.

Cheers,

Suzy (who knows she can do the distance, but isn't so sure about the whole speed thing)

"suzyj" wrote in message ...

> Hi guys,
>
> One of my friends just sent me this link:
>
> http://www.endurancecycling.com/
>
> It's about the Cycleops 12 hour, to be held at Eastern Creek on May 15.
> I'm very much tempted to enter, it sounds like it will be a real blast,
> sort of the roadie answer to the Mont 24 hour.

Have been tempted myself. I'd certainly expect it to be a bit easier than a Mt Bike Enduro. Heard rumours of some clubs organising
a few teams to support 1 solo rider going for the win, dragging him all the way (sound like any wheel suckers we know?)

Stu's Mt bike events last year (and so far this year) were pretty good.

Parbs

suzyj said:
Suzy (who knows she can do the distance, but isn't so sure about the whole speed thing)

How far do you think you could get in 12 hours Suzy?

At the Sri-Chimnoy 400km cycling leg in Canberra Glenn finished in 11:57 on the Batmobent and I got 12:20 after some problems and a slight stack.

There are quite a few recumbent riders lining up and none of them have beards.

Pete

Poiter wrote:

> How far do you think you could get in 12 hours Suzy?

> At the Sri-Chimnoy 400km cycling leg in Canberra Glenn finished
> in 11:57 on the Batmobent and I got 12:20 after some problems
> and a slight stack.

> There are quite a few recumbent riders lining up and none of
> them have beards.

Well given that I'm a big girly blouse, and am completely unable to grow a beard anyway, I'll probably be a bloody long way off that. I raced a 52 km road race at Eastern Creek year before last with Randwick in 1:24, so that's ~37 km/h... Extrapolate that to 12 hours (as if!) and I get 445km :)

Of course I'll probably be running closer to 27 than 37, so something around 320 to 350...

Regards,

Suzy (fat, slow old cow)

suzyj said:
Poiter wrote:

> How far do you think you could get in 12 hours Suzy?

> At the Sri-Chimnoy 400km cycling leg in Canberra Glenn finished
> in 11:57 on the Batmobent and I got 12:20 after some problems
> and a slight stack.

> There are quite a few recumbent riders lining up and none of
> them have beards.

Well given that I'm a big girly blouse, and am completely unable to grow a beard anyway, I'll probably be a bloody long way off that. I raced a 52 km road race at Eastern Creek year before last with Randwick in 1:24, so that's ~37 km/h... Extrapolate that to 12 hours (as if!) and I get 445km :)

Of course I'll probably be running closer to 27 than 37, so something around 320 to 350...

Regards,

Suzy (fat, slow old cow)
MOOOOOO!!!!

(sorry had to be done!)