CycleOps - A Good Company

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Al Kubeluis, Feb 22, 2003.

  1. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Hi All, In addition to my CycleOps Fluid trainer and training tape being excellent products, their
    online support is very good. I got next day responses to setting up the trainer, and an additional
    cone at no charge for newer type skewers.
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    Tags:

  2. Jim H

    Jim H Guest

    I bought a Fluid+ several years ago. The first resistance unit was noisy - they replaced it
    cheerfully, just asked me to ship the bad one back in the same carton. It has been reliable since
    and is a sturdy and well-made unit. However, it doesn't really have enough resistance. I may call
    them and ask about replacing the resistance unit with a newer model while keeping the stand.

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All, In addition to my CycleOps Fluid trainer and training tape being excellent products, their
    > online support is very good. I got next day responses to setting up the trainer, and an additional
    > cone at no charge
    for
    > newer type skewers.
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

  3. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Jim, Re resistance: are you turning the contact knob 3 turns past initial contact? You should grab
    the wheel and the disc and turn hard and not be able to cause any slippage. If you do not have
    enough contact, your tire will slip and burn, which you can smell. If contact is correct, no such
    problems. I'm using 130 psi Hutchinson tire. Keep tire inflated to max also. Noise is not a problem,
    as listeneing to radio, tape, tv easy.
    --

    "jim h" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I bought a Fluid+ several years ago. The first resistance unit was noisy - they replaced it
    > cheerfully, just asked me to ship the bad one back in the same carton. It has been reliable since
    > and is a sturdy and well-made
    unit.
    > However, it doesn't really have enough resistance. I may call them and ask about replacing the
    > resistance unit with a newer model while keeping the stand.
    >

    > "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi All, In addition to my CycleOps Fluid trainer and training tape being excellent products,
    > > their online support is very good. I got next day responses to setting up the trainer, and an
    > > additional cone at no charge
    > for
    > > newer type skewers.
    > > --
    > > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

  4. Jim H

    Jim H Guest

    No, I've never gone to 3 turns past contact. That seems like a lot! Is that's what CycleOps
    recommends?

    Can't say I've been smelling burning rubber, though.

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jim, Re resistance: are you turning the contact knob 3 turns past initial contact? You should grab
    > the wheel and the disc and turn hard and not be able to cause any slippage. If you do not have
    > enough contact, your tire will slip and burn, which you can smell. If contact is correct, no such
    > problems. I'm using 130 psi Hutchinson tire. Keep tire inflated to max
    also.
    > Noise is not a problem, as listeneing to radio, tape, tv easy.
    > --
    > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~
    >
    > "jim h" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I bought a Fluid+ several years ago. The first resistance unit was
    noisy -
    > > they replaced it cheerfully, just asked me to ship the bad one back in
    the
    > > same carton. It has been reliable since and is a sturdy and well-made
    > unit.
    > > However, it doesn't really have enough resistance. I may call them and
    ask
    > > about replacing the resistance unit with a newer model while keeping the stand.
    > >

    > > "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi All, In addition to my CycleOps Fluid trainer and training tape being excellent products,
    > > > their online support is very good. I got next day responses to setting up the trainer, and an
    > > > additional cone at no
    charge
    > > for
    > > > newer type skewers.
    > > > --
    > > > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

  5. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    "jim h" , yep, al
    > No, I've never gone to 3 turns past contact. That seems like a lot! Is that's what CycleOps
    > recommends?
    >
    > Can't say I've been smelling burning rubber, though.
    >

    > "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Jim, Re resistance: are you turning the contact knob 3 turns past initial contact? You should
    > > grab the wheel and the disc and turn hard and not be able to cause any slippage. If you do not
    > > have enough contact, your tire will slip and burn, which you can smell. If contact is correct,
    > > no such problems. I'm using 130 psi Hutchinson tire. Keep tire inflated to max
    > also.
    > > Noise is not a problem, as listeneing to radio, tape, tv easy.
    > > --
    > > ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~
    > >
    > > "jim h" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I bought a Fluid+ several years ago. The first resistance unit was
    > noisy -
    > > > they replaced it cheerfully, just asked me to ship the bad one back in
    > the
    > > > same carton. It has been reliable since and is a sturdy and well-made
    > > unit.
    > > > However, it doesn't really have enough resistance. I may call them and
    > ask
    > > > about replacing the resistance unit with a newer model while keeping
    the
    > > > stand.
    > > >

    > > > "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    day
    > charge
    > > > for

  6. Jim H

    Jim H Guest

    CycleOps web site confirms it. I tried it - got the tire up to full rated pressure and cranked in
    2.5 turns after contact. It puts a heckuva dimple in the tire, but does noticeably increase the
    resistance.