Cycleops Fluid 07' + 05' Giant OCR 2 probs

somegaveall

Dec 17, 2006
My bike is not cooperating with my trainer. Do some models not work with the trainer. If so, I'm going to be severely mad :(

the back skewer for the tire doesn't want to go on my bike. In addition, the manual said you have to use the skewer that came w/the trainer b/c it's what makes the bike latch in.

I don't know what to do :(

The Evil Twin said:
Skewers are universal. It should fit.
yeah..i got it..i took it to a local bike shop.

the skewer for the trainer (latch side) didn't want to latch my bike tight. The shop fixed this by just completely tightening it through the other side. I tried this, but, apparently, I suck. However, now I know how to do it, and life should be awesome again.

somegaveall said:
My bike is not cooperating with my trainer. Do some models not work with the trainer. If so, I'm going to be severely mad :(

the back skewer for the tire doesn't want to go on my bike. In addition, the manual said you have to use the skewer that came w/the trainer b/c it's what makes the bike latch in.

I don't know what to do :(
Your skewer should work with the trainer, it might not be a perfect fit but it will work. You might not want to do any sprints out ot the saddle if you're using your own because the bike could be in the trainer looser. I don't see why the skewer dosen't fit your bike, may be a defect in the skewer. If all else fails I would suggest getting a heavy skewer to use while on your trainer.

OoAmericanGirl said:
Your skewer should work with the trainer, it might not be a perfect fit but it will work. You might not want to do any sprints out ot the saddle if you're using your own because the bike could be in the trainer looser. I don't see why the skewer dosen't fit your bike, may be a defect in the skewer. If all else fails I would suggest getting a heavy skewer to use while on your trainer.
I know exactly what your are talking about. At my LBS I wanted to try out a Bianchi Via Nirone on a trainer and the owner had to change the back skewer because apparently they are a little too small. So, I guess that your's could be a little big, so just go buy a cheap skewer because normal wear and tear wears down the original skewer.(One that fits);)