Power meters · Public discussion

Cycleops Pro 300 PT indoor trainer- reviews?

Started by kdwyer2 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 12,970 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
4 October 2005
Last activity
7 November 2005
Original author
kdwyer2
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
12,970
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [font=Arial]I am thinking about buying the new CycleOps Pro 300 PT indoor spin bike. Was thinking about the LeMond bike and think that the power adn feedback will help make it through the winter. [/font]

    • [font=Arial]Has ANYONE tried the new CycleOps Pro 300 PT indoor spin bike? [/font]
    • [font=Arial]Has anyone compared to LeMond?[/font]

    [font=Arial]Still warm in Indiana but must plan ahead before the snow comes! 😉 [/font]

  2. I just purchased CycleOps Pro 300 PT. Prior to buying it I had the same question, but after testing both I went with the CycleOps. The LeMond is not as noisy as the CycleOps and cheaper, but I choose the CycleOps for the reason I have Power Tap Pro and the trainer feels more solid.

  3. Just got the Pro 300. Have been riding computrainer. The Pro has a solid feel, with what I would call a hybrid feel between a roadbike on a trainer and a spin bike. The resistance setting on the CycleOps is much "truer" than a spin bike, and the data seems to correlate pretty well with how I would expect to feel at the various readings.
    The Computrainer is great for course work, but is a bit limited in terms of riding against tapes and such. For that, I go with the 300.
    Highly recommend the 300.

  4. larrynipon said:

    Just got the Pro 300. Have been riding computrainer. The Pro has a solid feel, with what I would call a hybrid feel between a roadbike on a trainer and a spin bike. The resistance setting on the CycleOps is much "truer" than a spin bike, and the data seems to correlate pretty well with how I would expect to feel at the various readings.
    The Computrainer is great for course work, but is a bit limited in terms of riding against tapes and such. For that, I go with the 300.
    Highly recommend the 300.

    How is a computrainer limited regarding riding against tapes and the Cycleops is more suited for such work outs? Also what work out does a tape provide that the computrainer software can not duplicate using the coaching software?

  5. kdwyer2 said:

    [font=Arial]I am thinking about buying the new CycleOps Pro 300 PT indoor spin bike. Was thinking about the LeMond bike and think that the power adn feedback will help make it through the winter. [/font]

    • [font=Arial]Has ANYONE tried the new CycleOps Pro 300 PT indoor spin bike? [/font]
    • [font=Arial]Has anyone compared to LeMond?[/font]

    [font=Arial]Still warm in Indiana but must plan ahead before the snow comes! 😉 [/font]


    I was at a Trek store the other day and got on a 300 PT. I was suprised to find that the pedal action was like a fixed gear bike. Is this a setting or is it always like this?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.